Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

How do you pay for the dress....

I am going shopping tomorrow for the first time for a wedding gown. If I find one that I want do I put a down payment on it or do they ask for the full price of the dress up front. Never done this before so I have no idea.

Re: How do you pay for the dress....

• Options
    It really depends on the store I think. I bought mine at David's Bridal and they had a couple options.
  • Options
    It really on where you go. If you go to some place like Davids - you can layaway or cash & carry. If you have to order/special order - you'll have to put a deposit down, and it can take several months for it to come in. Mine was 60% deposit, i pay in full when I pick it up/when alterations start (I think). A friend of mine bought hers Monday @ Davids and have to put down a deposit - I believe 10%, and has 60 days to pay it off. Hope that helps! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The bridal salon I bought from required 1/2 to place the order.
  • Options
    Where I went if I wanted the dress and only put a percentage down, the price was higher then the tag. If I paid full price it was the price on the tag. Good luck and have fun shopping.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Pay by credit card so you have recourse in case of issues with the order.
  • Options
    The bridal store my DD ordered hers at required 50% down before they would order it.

I would recommend that you put the 50% on a credit card, as opposed to cash.  That way if there is any problem with the salon actually ordering the dress you have some recourse and maybe able to get your money back.
  • Options
    Hi there! It does depend on the store, but most-often-then-not you'll have to pay 50% down! Have fun and good luck shopping!
  • Options
    Definitely varies.  I put mine on layaway at David's (the dress had been discontinued, so I was buying off the rack), I paid I think 25% down and paid the rest in 30 days.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Every store is different.  But usually you put 50-60% down and balance due when your dress arrives. 
  • Options
    My Cousin used layaway.  She got her dress online at:www.ColetteJeanBridal.com and she just had to put down a small deposit.  It was lovely and she wa able to get the dress she wanted.  Layaway is great!
  • Options
    My salon required a deposit of 50% of the price. You pay the remainder and the taxes when you pick it up.
  • Options
    All the regular "bridal salons" I went to required for you to pay 100% before they would order. IDK if that's just the way it is around here but the whole idea freaked me out. I ended up getting mine from DB, where I opened a line of credit at 0% for 12 months and will pay it off when I get my tax return. I had to pay in full in some way because my dress was special order and it was below a certain amount (only $550).

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards