Attire & Accessories Forum

Post-Off Contest: What Does Your Wedding Dress Look Like?

2»

Re: Post-Off Contest: What Does Your Wedding Dress Look Like?

• shybitshybit member
    First Comment
    My gown is a beautiful white, halter, A-line made with chiffon.  I love it!  The bodice is cinched to make it more flattering for a big girl.  :o)
  • eshreenaneshreenan member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    My wedding dress is one-piece, strapless, fitted A-line gown with dipped neckline and corset closure.  Embellished corded lace flourishes throughout the bodice and gently trails from the dropped waist onto the gathered tulle skirt, with trailing detail throughout the bottom, all in Diamond White.

• Mary's Bridal S11-5289. It is so much prettier in person than in this picture!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jeladeejeladee member
    First Comment
    I LOVED MY DRESS!!  It was very different with the dramatic ruffle up top. 
    It is a Martina Liana.

• Ivory, semi- cathedral train. sweet heart neck line, fitted to the hips A-line fully beaded bodice. Has a cafe colored sash. Zip up back with beading and inlay in the train. it is  Allure 8362. :)
  • My dress is Cyndi Lauper inspired since we are having an 80's themed wedding! :
  • My dress is a ballgown. Ivory, sweetheart neckline, lots of crystals and pearls! I love how it laces up & fits me perfectly. :D
  • My dress is a tulle and lace combination that looks both vintage and modern.  The vintage comes from the lace and beadwork, but the modern twist comes from the fact that it does not look like a classic lace dress from the 40s.  The bodice is made of champagne beading that comes to a point in the middle of the chest.  The beading work is over an ivory lace sheath.  Under the lace overlay is an ivory silk gown.  The overall fit is a sheath gown - fit at the top and flared at the bottom.  The bodice fits tightly around the chest and waist.  Starting at the waist the tulle and lace are layered in a way that looks like a tiered cake.  The champagne beading is sprinkled throughout the dress.  The chapel train is interlaced with ivory lace and tulle.  Finally, my dress looks like a bell when I sway back and forth when the train is pulled up into the bustle.  I love my dress - it makes me feel like a royal princess!
  • edited May 2012
    Exactly like this!!! Even better I got it on sale from $2000 to $500. It was the only one left and exactly my size. The only alteration needed is in the bust.

I absolutely love. It's so sexy but so classy and elegant. Exactly what I envisioned. Two more months to walk down the aisle!!Pinned Image
  • My dress looks like it was made for me! It has a soft sweetheart neckline, a ruched, fitted bodice with small crystals to give it just enough sparkle. The skirt is a ruffle/tiered mermaid and the dress has a lace-up back. It's perfect!!

• My dress is made by Maggie Sottero.  It is called "Barcelona."  Since I was a little girl I have wanted a completely lace dress -- I have always loved the classic 1920's style, even my engagement ring is "vintage" looking.  I refused to try on any dress that wasn't completely covered in lace.  I literally tried on every single lace dress my bridal salon had (www.celebrationbridal.com).  Barcelona was the 2nd dress I tried on and I couldn't stop talking about it.  It is a more modern lace dress and has the cutest flowers on the left side at the waist.  The fit is called "fit and flare" and is sort of like the mermaid style, but not as fitted. I had a sweetheart neckline created for it (it is a swoop neckline originally) and it looks beatiful.  I do not have any updated pictures of the dress (with the new neckline) so I will include the link to the dress on Maggie Sottero's website.  The pictures to do NOT do it justice whatsoever.  This dress is a must see in person! :)

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3472

May 26, 2012 - The day I become Mrs. Clayton!
  • I bought a beautiful, elegant and different Gallina gown.  I tried on many dresses (all at one shop).  I was so overwhelmed and finally narrowed it down to 4 dresses.  They were all beautiful, yet none of them spoke to me as "the dress."  I knew I couldn't go wrong with any of the 4, but wanted to go right.  I wanted the dress to pick me, not me pick the dress.  After a lunch break and some time to clear my head I went back to the shop with my parents.  They found one that I wanted to try on but never did.  I pulled the dress of the rack and attached to it was another dress.  The hangers were intertwined.  I tried on the extra dress and never looked back!  That was it!  It was a fun skirt and a very simple top with a little bling at the waist!  I felt so beautiful wearing it.  My dad danced me around the store!  I can't wait to wear it to marry my fiance!
  • mrsragumrsragu member
    First Comment
    White, Goddess style. Beautiful rhinestone embelishments along the bust line and a long flowy skirt and train. Absolutely stunning and both my mom and dad were there along with my best friend when I picked it out! :
  • Mine is an ivory angel satin A-line dress with a corset back and lace detail at the top and bottom. The train is see through lace and the bottom of the dress is scallopped lace. The top is a sweetheart neckline with some beading mixed in with the lace.  The bodice is slightly ruched at an angle.
  • edited May 2012
    It's made by Mori Lee. Satin, mermaid fit, with lots of Swarovski Crystals. I am completely in love with this dress.

http://www.missesdressy.com/1653-dress-bridal-mori-p-13215.html
  • My dress is a fit and flare made by Sottero and Midgley. It is in ivory satin blend. It's a sweetheart neckline and has beading under the bust. It is absolutely gorg and I cannot wait to wear it down the aisle at the end of this month!
  • ERLgirlERLgirl member
    First Comment
    It's an ivory lace fluted dress with a sweep train. It's belted with some bling and I've added sheer lace cap-sleeves to the strapless original. Just wanted a few touches to make it really me. I cannot wait for my husband-to-be to see it in December... especially when it's accessorized with my great grandmother's mink stole.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I wore a Private Label by G strapless ivory taffeta gown.  The ruched bodice had beautiful crystal beading, and the train had a beaded overlay that gave it a lacy look.  It definitely had the romantic look I wanted!

I also got a coordinating bolero for the church:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    Mine was "Wallis" by Melissa Sweet. It's a slight a-line, strapless, ivory gown with crinkle chiffon rosettes applied everywhere. I had the sash made extra-long so the tips would touch the ground. I wanted something different and unexpected. From the minute I saw it in a magazine I knew it was the one. http://www.onewed.com/photos/show/melissa-sweet-wedding-dresses-wallis
  • edited May 2012

I went with a Dere Kiang dress that isn't on theknot.com.  Mom and I had been searching high and low and all we'd established was that I liked texture.  Then we found the sweetest dress at a sample sale:

http://derekiang.com/Wedding-Gown-11072/

the best part is that when I (inevitably) change my mind on the day of the wedding and decide that I want to dance and not get stomped on in a floor-length gown, we can just unhook the full-length overskirt and it's a cocktail dress underneath (that can actually be worn again). 

The cocktail dress is also ideal because FI lives on on another continent, so we will most likely be hosting another (small) reception/dinner party over there to thank everyone for their support throughout our engagement, and this would be ideal. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards