Attire & Accessories Forum

Shoes

Due to neurosurgery, I lost my balance and cooridnation.  I no longer can wear really nice heels.

I need to find a shoe that is probably no higher than 2" but the kicker is I need one with a wider base/heel.  I see a lot of nice shoes but once I see the heel, I have to dismiss them.

Any suggestions?

Re: Shoes

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    2500 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker

Go to Nordstrom, any department or shoe store (in the evening,when your feet are more swollen).  Describe what you're looking for to a salesperson; he/she will help you.

• meganb1977meganb1977 member
    1000 Comments
    edited July 2012

Aerosoles and Naturalizer are good comfort lines where you might be able to find something practical that still has some style especially if you don't have your heart set on a white/ivory specifically "bridal" shoe.  (Metallic or color will probably be more re-wearable than white anyway!)  You could also look into ordering shoes in a wide width, online retailers often offer free returns and department stores can sometimes order the wide or narrow width for you even if they don't stock it right there.

A lot of brides bring a pair of ballet flats or flip flops to change into after the ceremony and pictures, so if you want to be sure you stay comfortable you can pack a change of shoes in a tote bag along with other things you might need throughout the day.  I had a pair of white mary jane style Skechers that I slipped into later on in the day when we went out for drinks after checking into our hotel.

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • I have been to DWS and Payless, but I haven't had any luck.  I wouldn't mind a wedge but the heel part is usually 3" - therefore I have to worry about the balance problem.
  • Nina shoes have a good selection as well
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_shoes-178?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:4b565db9-bc97-4604-8c5b-2d1741880524Post:3ce1dc59-515b-4ca3-908e-568c0ef9430d">Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Due to neurosurgery, I lost my balance and cooridnation.  I no longer can wear really nice heels. I need to find a shoe that is probably no higher than 2" but the kicker is I need one with a wider base/heel.  I see a lot of nice shoes but once I see the heel, I have to dismiss them. Any suggestions?
    Posted by PhoneCardLady[/QUOTE]

<div><div id="yui_3_2_0_23_134635640502354" style="color:#000000;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:16px;line-height:normal;"><span>I custom design shoes! Order your own custom pair of swarovski embellished wedding shoes! </span></div><div id="yui_3_2_0_23_134635640502354" style="color:#000000;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:16px;line-height:normal;"><span>They can be made in accordance to your own personal style or your wedding color scheme. Just let me know what you're looking for and I'm sure we can work something out. </span></div><div id="yui_3_2_0_23_134635640502354" style="color:#000000;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:16px;line-height:normal;"><span>Special pricing for bridal parties! Check out my Facebook page, and feel free to send me a message! </span></div><div id="yui_3_2_0_23_134635640502354" style="color:#000000;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:16px;line-height:normal;"><span><a style="color:#579bc3;text-decoration:underline !important;cursor:text !important;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:14px;" href="http://www.facebook.com/DaedreamDesigns" rel="nofollow">http://www.facebook.com/DaedreamDesigns</a><span style="color:#1f1f1f;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:14px;"> </span> 
    </span></div><div id="yui_3_2_0_23_134635640502354" style="color:#000000;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:16px;line-height:normal;">And 'like' my page to get free shipping!</div></div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards