Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding Dress Alterations

Who can recommend a place for wedding dress alterations? What are you finding is the typical cost for basic alterations?

Re: Wedding Dress Alterations

• Options
    You'll get better responses on your local board for recommendations.  Prices also vary greatly by location, but more importantly, the extent of alterations you need done.  If you only need a hem, it'll probably be very cheap, but if you are taking the dress down 3 dress sizes, it'll probably be pretty pricey.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm in Canada and I'm paying 450 for my alterations. I'm having a lot done on my dress. I needed hemming on my gown but it has tonnes of layer on it. I'm also making the neckline a sweetheart rather straight. There was also a couple of tears on the tulle and it will be covered with lace matching with the rest of the lace on my dress. I am also getting a one point bustle. There were also some beading falling out and the zipper will be fixed to make it more stable. She is also spot cleaning it.

I was expecting it to be more costly.
  • Options
    FYI, the local board can be found on the left of your message board screen.
  • Options
    I got my dress altered in central Ohio and it cost about $250 which included the alterations and the bustle.

Definitely post this on your local board for a good seamstress recommendation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards