Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Cream veil, white dress?

Will a cream-colored birdcage veil look funny with a white dress?  I'm wearing a white two-tiered fingertip veil for the ceremony but I wanted something more modern for the reception.  I can't afford 2 veils, but I found this (link) at Jo-Ann Fabrics for only $16 and I can afford that.  The problem is that it only comes in cream, and my dress (in my siggy) is very very white.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cream veil, white dress?

• Options
    I'd be nervous if it's really cream/ivory that it would look a little dirty compared to a bright white dress, but that's just my opinion.
    Wedding Planning Bio & For Sale: valeriewalter.weebly.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For the $16 I'd buy it and see how it looks with the dress.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a white silk gown, so it was more off-white and my veil was STARK WHITE. You could BARELY tell in person, and you absolutely can't tell in pictures. 
    Plus, it's a birdcage veil and far away from your gown... I really wouldn't stress it. 
  • Options
    Not a fan
  • Options
    I've seen those at JoAnn's and it's really not that ivory, but more white.  They also have these at Michael's and theirs are white.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I saw an episode of Say Yes to the Dress where the bride was wearing a white dress and tried on an ivory veil and I thought it made the veil look really dirty.  That being said, it was a full length style veil that fell the whole length of the dress, not a small birdcage like this, so I don't know if its a good comparison. 
    Is it returnable?  So you could bring it home and hold it up next to the dress?
  • Options
    I dont think it would look weird, But I am not a fan of the actuall bird cage you found. It looks cheap to me.
  • Options
    I don't think it would look weird, especially since the birdcage is a very open fabric.  However, I think you should just not wear a veil at your reception...did you want one because you wanted some sort of accent piece?  If you wanted an accent piece you could always do another type of hair accessory.  A birdcage veil, IMO, would annoy the hell out of me after the first hour....always having something hanging in my face would drive me crazy.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Probably a little bit weird
    Do what you say, say what you do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards