Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Jewelry to go with Halter neckline?

Hey ladies! I need some help. We have the bridesmaid dresses bought and I'm looking to buy their jewelry for them (not as a gift, but just because). Would this necklace look good with this dress?

~*February 13, 2011*~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
163 Invited image
17 Can't wait! image
0 Can't come :(image
146 are still deciding image

Re: Jewelry to go with Halter neckline?

• Options
    I would skip the necklace with a halter neckline and just do earrings.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_jewelry-halter-neckline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:54b3d0ad-e5b5-4194-b886-96c36b81733bPost:7247eb20-7d94-4415-bcc4-420b8ffe54d1">Re: Jewelry to go with Halter neckline?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would skip the necklace with a halter neckline and just do earrings.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

This.
  • Options
    Ditto again.  Skip the necklaces with halters.
  • Options
    I would do some killer earrings and skip the necklace!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto. I normally don't like necklaces with a halter neckline, it is just too much. Earrings and/or a bracelet would work though.
  • Options
    i agree just do earrings
  • Options
    If you really want to include a necklace, I would go super, super simple.  Like just a small single diamond or clear crystal floater.
  • Options
    I agree with just doing earrings and bracelet.
  • Options
    Here's another vote for earrings and bracelet. 
    image Final Count: 80 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bidge24bidge24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2010
    i wore that dress (in lavender) in a friends wedding...we wore very simple floater necklaces  that the bride had made.  they could have been  a little nicer...but the necklace kind of broke up all of the bareness due to the low bust line.  i guess it would look nice either way.  i was going to post a pic...but it's not working

Anniversary
  • Options
    I think a simple silver or gold chain with a small charm or pearl would look fine. As a girl who doesn't have pierced ears  . . earrngswould do nothing for me. Not sure if any of your girls are in this boat or not but it's something to consider.
  • Options
    I agree with PPs, earrings + bracelet would be best. If you'd really like to do a necklace, avoid round shapes and stick with a nice chain and pendant, it'll complement the shape of the neckline better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think that necklace is too busy for the neckline.  There's already a lot going on around the neck, so if you really want to do a necklace you should keep it simple, maybe a simple pendant on a thin silver chain.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_jewelry-halter-neckline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:54b3d0ad-e5b5-4194-b886-96c36b81733bPost:7839670a-9e18-4039-97b5-0fce49f95f5e">Re: Jewelry to go with Halter neckline?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that necklace is too busy for the neckline.  There's already a lot going on around the neck, so if you really want to do a necklace you should keep it simple, maybe a simple pendant on a thin silver chain.
    Posted by lalap69[/QUOTE]

This.  If you must do a necklace, a pendant would be best, but I agree with PPs that necklaces and halters are a bit too busy.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Agree. Halters look better with just earrings and a even a flashy bracelet.  If you do a necklace just maybe do something simple like one pearl.

www.destinationdiva.biz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards