Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Currently Pregnant Bride!!

Need some advice here...Im currently 5 months Pregnant with my 2nd (its a girl!) and planning to get married in September - roughly 8 months away.......Do I try on dresses now to decide what I want, then plan on having it altered after the baby? Or do I wait? What to do , what to do! Help!

Re: Currently Pregnant Bride!!

• Options
    I'll start by saying congratulations.

That's a tough one. Are you planning on buying from a small shop or a chain. The chains like David's can sell you a dress off the rack after baby arrives. If you want something else you might be limited to what you can try on due to the baby bump, but if you wait until after you may have to pat rush charges.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_currently-pregnant-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:55a5445f-9740-4a73-b707-5dcd9b58c323Post:9018c141-c94f-427a-85c2-4d0c6d2cda96">Currently Pregnant Bride!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Need some advice here...Im currently 5 months Pregnant with my 2nd (its a girl!) and planning to get married in September - roughly 8 months away.......Do I try on dresses now to decide what I want, then plan on having it altered after the baby? Or do I wait? What to do , what to do! Help!
    Posted by nadine777[/QUOTE]

I think you could try on dresses now and have it altered at the last possible moment right before the wedding. You will want to make sure you allow enough time for it come in, etc. And if you buy from a bridal shop, they should know how to handle your situation. I am sure they have seen it many times before.
  • Options
    Good question.

How much are you showing now?  What I mean is that if you aren't showing that much, you can shop for a dress now and like PP said, have it then altered at the last minute before the wedding. 

Or you could buy from a mass chain store like DB and it'll arrive in time for the wedding.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations... that's so exciting.

Ditto PPs about getting it altered at the last minute.

I'd also suggest a pregnancy-friendly dress style that doesn't require too much detailed alterations, and that allows for free movement for your comfort, with a fuller skirt under the bust.  Something like:

Straps are a good idea too so if your boobs change size less than you think it will stay up properly.
  • Options
    Awww CONGRATS!!! If you plan on ordering from Davids Bridal, they are usually good about you being able to return for a different size (I'm not sure the timeframe). I would say try on dresses and if you find one you love - go up a size or two..if your five months then your probably showing. You'd have 5 months to be able to get your dress altered.
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I cannot add anything to the PPs.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with PP. I was going thru a phase where food repulsed me when i was dress shopping at DB (it's not a weight thing, i think it was just stress) but anyway i was the smallest ever at that time and i was worried that within the next 10 months i would out grow it. They said it would be fine i could exchange the dress for another size within like 2 months of the wedding (I was doing planning from FL for a wedding in IL). I didn't have to take them up on it but they do make exceptions and will exchange for the same dress just a different size
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards