New Hampshire
Options

Dress Success

Thank you everyone for your input about where to go for wedding dresses.  I went saturday and here is my recap. I have to share because I can't tell my DF Laughing

David's bridal in Nashua-
It was a zoo, there had to have been 25 brides but our consultant was attentive.  I have to say that I knew exactly what i wanted to try on and the consultant went and picked them for me.  I had my sister and future step daughter (11 years old she was so cute and enjoying herself) and they tried on their BM dresses so that we could order them.  Again we knew exactly the style number, color and size for them which helped the process and I was ensured that we were getting the correct dress.
I did not have that "ah ha" moment in any of the dresses at Davids bridal, even though we had it narrowed down to 2 dresses.  I'm glad that we had tried Davids bridal so that my mom could see the $$ on the dresses that we liked, it gave her a good bench mark for when we went to Marry and Tux. 

Marry and Tux-
this appointment was the POLAR OPPOSITE of the chaos that we had just been in at Davids Bridal.  One consultant, who looked at the pics I brought from magazines, and listened to my budget.  So we went through dresses and I picked three, she picked one...and it was THE ONE.   I tried on a Maggie Sottero, who i love from overly obsessing over brides magazines.  It made my jaw drop.  This dress was everything I dreamed of and never thought I would have.  It is beautiful.  I tried 5 others on and then put the first on back on, she put a veil on me and I cried.  Then my mom and sister cried.  I never thought that I would have such a reaction, but I LOVE this dress.  AND it was within our budget and only about 200  more than the 2 at Davids Bridal and you can't even compare this dress to the ones I tried on at Davids Bridal.
Thanks for letting me go on and on, I can't wait to get it in.

Re: Dress Success

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!

I loved Marry and Tux.  A similar thing happened to me.  I tried on 3, and the 1 I fell in love with was the one my consultant picked out! They have such a knack for that!

So glad you found your dream dress! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me too! My consultant picked mine.. isn't it crazy how they just know after only knowing you for a few minutes? Glad to hear you got a dress, any pictures?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulation!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  Marry & Tux is one of two places that we're going to look at BM Dresses on Wednesday, (along with Modern Bride).
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the dress! :D Put up pics!!! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• Options
    SoonToBeJRE11SoonToBeJRE11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies...No pics of me can't risk it getting out.  but its MonaLisa by maggie sottero in case your interestedWink   NEVER EVER thought that i would be in love with a dress NEVER.  Thanks for letting me gush

• Options
    knwithamknwitham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also fell in love with my maggie dress! I went to a few stores in MA, davids being one of them and my maggie didn't compare to any of the david's I tried on! Congrats on finding 'the one' it is such an amazing feeling! Mine is called the 'rachelle'
  • Options
    SoonToBeJRE11SoonToBeJRE11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so pretty I love "rachelle" too.  Congratulations to you as well
  • Options
    eternalmariaeternalmaria member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Marry and Tux as well, and the first dress I tried on was the one. I LOVE it! They are so gorgeous and have resonable prices. David's is cheaper, but I was definitely NOT impressed by their lack of professionalism.
    Until we say "I do" Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards