Attire & Accessories Forum

Shoes

So I was out shopping with a friend of mine and found a fabulous pair of (potential) wedding shoes. I bought them, as we had coupons for the store for that day only, but I'm just not 100% sure about them. They weren't what I had in mind for wedding shoes, but I do love them! My hesitation is that they may limit my dress style choices.

A similar style of shoes is here (third row on the right):
http://www.townshoes.com/collection.asp?trend=389&trendName=Full-Bloom-Womens-Shoes

The differences between those shoes pictured and the ones I bought are that mine are an open toe sling back and the flower in front is coloured purple (which is one of our wedding colours) and the heel is a touch higher.

My FI thinks there is too much black in them, but he also shrugs and says to ask girlfriends who know more about shoes and fashion.

If I don't wear them as wedding shoes, I want to take them back as that $100 could go to a million other things.

So will these shoes limit the dresses I can choose? I haven't been dress shopping yet so all I know is that I don't want a ball gown, but other than that, I'm open to various other dress styles.

Re: Shoes

• you shoes do not have to match your dress, and it doesn't limit anything. you can wear whatever shoes you want, as long as you like them. 
  • They are fabulous shoes, but I don't think that they're generic enough to coordinate with just any dress. Since you're not certain of the style of dress you want, I'd suggest buying the dress first and then getting the shoes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • They shoes don't need to exactly match your dress, but the styles should look good together. I think a pointed toe pump might not work with every gown, and the print....

If you really love them, get a kickass LBD for your rehearsal dinner or bachelorette party, if not, send them back. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards