New Hampshire

Radisson Nashua

I don't post here (I post on the Nest)
but has anyone else heard they closed their doors today?

I am trying to help a friend and I can't get through to the hotel!!!!  
2013 Book Goal: 75 books
Books read in 2012: 70

Follow my SK blog as I reread the entire SK library (again!):
http://www.skallthetime.blogspot.com/

Re: Radisson Nashua

• witham68witham68 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard they closed and locked the doors this morning.

This is a very unfortunate situation and already adds to the stress of brides and their families.

I would contact your current vendors and look for suggestions. 

Troubling...
  • edited December 2011
    There is an article on the Nashua Telegraph in regards to this.  Sorry ladies.
  • edited December 2011
    Ladies, that is terrible! I'm so sorry!
    Anniversary
  • witham68witham68 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I guess better to know now then the week of the wedding.  Unbelievable...
    I have many friends get married in the Portsmouth area. 

The Sheraton Portsmouth is a great venue - I know from someone else - they have a few open dates... Pass the word along...  They have been in business almost 23 years.  That's a good sign. 

I think they accomomdate 250 guests.

• edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,
    I am an old NH knottie.  I have a friend who worked at the Nashua Radisson up until about 6 months ago when she was offered another job at the Holiday Inn at the Manchester airport.  She said that non of the Radisson workers knew that they were closing their doors until they too heard it on the news!! How horrible.

As for the Sheraton in Portsmouth, I have lived on the Seacoast all of my life and attended a New Years Eve wedding at the Sheraton.  It was very nice.  The room is spacious and the food was delicous.
    Lisa & Adam 07.07.07 image
    "When I look to the sky, something tells me you're here with me and you make everything all right."
  • SoonToBeJRE11SoonToBeJRE11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone had any luck reaching anyone at the radisson?  I have emailed their corporate offices a couple of times and left some voice mail but have not heard anything.

I have a meeting with the bedford double tree on Friday to look at their facility.  the sales manager there was super nice and completely understanding and told me they were willing to work with their packages to try and match what we had at the radisson.  Same thing with the Westford Regency.

the down side is that I have to change my date and put it off for 2 more weeks.  The good thing is that the vendors i have are holding the 22 until I know for sure.  In my case it could have been a lot worse.  I feel for those brides who had dates a lot sooner than mine.
  • edited December 2011
    FYI, I'm getting married at Rivermill in Dover (brand new place!) this September, and they announced on their Facebook page that they are offering special deals to Nashua Raddison brides who need to find a new venue. May be worth checking out! http://rivermillnh.com
  • ScottCayla11ScottCayla11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So happy to hear Rivermill mentioned here! I am so jealous you are getting married there! You are so lucky!!! Good luck with all of your planning!

JRE- I am SO sorry to hear about the Radisson. I hope you are able to work it all out, and in the end, you feel that it all happened for a reason. Keep us posted!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards