Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

What to wear, what to wear.

So I'm wearing a short ivory dress for my August wedding and I cannot -for the life of me- decide what color/style shoes to wear.  I'm getting married pretty much in the woods so heels are out of question.  Flats are a must.  But I was leaning more toward a tennis shoe style as opposed to a ballet flat or fancy looking shoe since I'm more of a tomboy (always have been).  I'm thinking either blue, red, black, or ivory and maybe toms, vans, or converse.  What are your opinions?

my dress:

Re: What to wear, what to wear.

• Options
    I like the toms sparkly ones, they are very cute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:What to wear, what to wear.:[QUOTE]I like the toms sparkly ones, they are very cute. Posted by KJeffs[/QUOTE] I second that. There Are definitely shoes that are still tomboy but lovely at the same time. I love this style of shoe, I have seen them in other colors, just don't remember where. <a href="http://www.overstock.com/ClothingShoes/MIAWomensRosettePeeptoeFlatEspadrille/5748141/product.htmlproductdetail" rel="nofollow">http://www.overstock.com/ClothingShoes/MIAWomensRosettePeeptoeFlatEspadrille/5748141/product.htmlproductdetail</a>
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_what-to-wear-what-to-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:5ab1d25a-043a-4915-9dcc-1ebceaa557aaPost:088bb421-ca51-4453-afd2-788ea9cff023">What to wear, what to wear.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm wearing a short ivory dress for my August wedding and I cannot -for the life of me- decide what color/style shoes to wear.  I'm getting married pretty much in the woods so heels are out of question.  <strong><font color="#0000ff">Flats are a must.  </font></strong>But I was leaning more toward a tennis shoe style as opposed to a ballet flat or fancy looking shoe since I'm more of a tomboy (always have been).  I'm thinking either blue, red, black, or ivory and maybe toms, vans, or converse.  What are your opinions? my dress:  
    Posted by DBigham13[/QUOTE]

August??  What about flat (or very low-heeled) sandals?
  • Options
    It's a casual outdoor elopement ceremony.  Just me and my husband to be.  It's not meant to be formal, so sneakers would be fitting for the occasion.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_what-to-wear-what-to-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:5ab1d25a-043a-4915-9dcc-1ebceaa557aaPost:aef53a9f-3c13-4f1b-8aa2-9184a680b838">Re: What to wear, what to wear.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What to wear, what to wear. : August??  What about flat (or very low-heeled) sandals?
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]
    Not a huge fan of sandals.  They're uncomfortable to me and I don't really like showing off my feet. :\
  • Options
    DBigham13DBigham13 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Let's see if this will help paint a picture:
    I work at a hardware store, wear jeans and a tshirt all the time, and wear tennis shoes all the time (usually my vans or nikes).
    If I do wear Vans, they have some that are called "Lo Pro", which are a little more femenine than your typical canvas Era Vans.  And if I go with Converse, they'll be low cut.  I'm not really sure about the TOMS, but they are an option at least (just not the sparkly ones).

[SORRY I'M SO PICKY LOL]
  • Options
    In Response to Re:What to wear, what to wear.:[QUOTE]Let's see if this will help paint a picture:I work at a hardware store, wear jeans and a tshirt all the time, and wear tennis shoes all the time usually my vans or nikes.If I do wear Vans, they have some that are called "Lo Pro", which are a little more femenine than your typical canvas Era Vans. nbsp;And if I go with Converse, they'll be low cut. nbsp;I'm not really sure about the TOMS, but they are an option at least just not the sparkly ones.[SORRY I'M SO PICKY LOL] Posted by DBigham13[/QUOTE] tons also has bridal shoes that aren't sparkly, I like those more, I could see a cute little pair of canvas sneakers being cute with that dress, Ijust would want something a little special that isn't an everyday shoe.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_what-to-wear-what-to-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:5ab1d25a-043a-4915-9dcc-1ebceaa557aaPost:56bb791a-8dc8-4801-a7e2-38732b7251d2">Re:What to wear, what to wear.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:What to wear, what to wear.: tons also has bridal shoes that aren't sparkly, I like those more, I could see a cute little pair of canvas sneakers being cute with that dress, Ijust would want something a little special that isn't an everyday shoe.
    Posted by mutantninja0813[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks!  I was thinking maybe a custom pair of converse...at least the more I think about it, anyway.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards