Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

other stores for BMs?

I've only been to DB for any attire for weddings, but I'm trying to find somewhere with possibly cheaper options for my BMs. Where is a good choice? Would you recommend getting the dresses made somewhere? I have no idea how expensive that would be though.

Re: other stores for BMs?

• Options
    You could always try a department store.
  • Options
    Target.  Also department stores frequently have sales for their nice dresses. 
  • Options
    Macy's, Nordstrom, etc. Basically any department store is going to have cocktail dress options that can double as BM dresses.

If you don't care if your girls match, you could also just give them some guidelines (color, hem length), and let them buy their own dresses. Then they could go wherever they feel comfortable shopping, and get something they know they will wear again.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    When I was a BM right out of high school we all got our dresses from Deb's. Not sure if they have them in your area or not but they are a good location for any type of dress. Also, I was at my local Dillards the other day and they have lots of dress options.
  • Options
    My BMs wore Ann Taylor dresses. We purchased them off the website during a 40% off sale, so they came to $129 each.

Try Marshall's or TJ Maxx, I've bought cocktail dresses there for about $25-$40.

Dress Barn sometimes has really nice dresses. I just bought one yesterday for $60.

Check out nordstrom.com, overstock.com and dillards.com.

Look in department stores during sales.

Consider picking a color and length from David's Bridal, then look on eBay for dresses in their size in whatever styles they like. A lot of bridesmaids just wear them once and then try to sell them. Or sometimes the bride will sell the lot of them as one auction.

Or look on eBay for something like new or gently-used J. Crew cocktail dresses.
  • Options
    I told my girls just to wear black.  Two went through a plus-size specialty shop, one found a DB dress at a thrift store, one went to Target, and one wore something she already owned.  If you really want to be kind to their budgets, just give them a color (you can give them a fabric swatch or paint chip if you want something specific) and leave it to them to find something suitable that they can afford.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Victoria Secret!!! I know it sounds weird but they have a lot of cute dresses you can order in a variety of looks and colors for a reasonable price
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_other-stores-bms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:5ba379c8-2a21-4ea7-8221-fb0de04dd383Post:47abe3c2-c7ca-4657-b7c3-d1fd14456198">Re: other stores for BMs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Target.  Also department stores frequently have sales for their nice dresses. 
    Posted by jenn.daniel[/QUOTE]

This :)  I think my BMs are wanting to get their dresses from Target.  They even have a BM collection on the website.  And Zac Posen has a line now!  (Sorry...I REALLY love Target!)
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    That's a HUGE help. Thanks everybody!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards