Attire & Accessories Forum

Getting dress dirty during photos before ceremony

For all those brides who did photos before the ceremony, I'm wondering how you were able to keep your dresses clean? We're planning on doing our pics pre-ceremony, but I'm worried that the train and hem will get dirty and when it comes time for walking down the aisle, it won't look nice and white. What did you do to prevent from getting dirty and for anyone who did get their dress dirty, how did you fix this before the ceremony? TIA

Re: Getting dress dirty during photos before ceremony

• I made sure my shoes were tall enough to keep my hem fully off the ground (I got platform flip flops for comfort) and kept the dress mostly bustled.  I didn't notice any dirtiness at all, and we were outside on the Las Vegas Strip.  I think unless you're doing a full-on TTD before the ceremony, you should be fine.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • The underside of my dress got dirty, and apparently I had some leaves stuck under there somewhere that I found months later when packing my dress up to have it cleaned. I can't even say I was particularly careful to keep the dress clean, but nothing happened. As long as you life your skirt when you're walking between photo locations you should be ok.
    imageimageimage
  • We did our photos on a lawn before the ceremony. I didn't really do anything special other than trying to avoid getting stepped on.

It got a little dirty under the hem and there even a few spots on the outside near the hem but it really wasn't noticeable. No one will be looking at the floor when you walk down the aisle, and once you're at the front, you won't be close enough to anyone for them to notice (or care about) a dirty hem.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards