Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

VEIL

HEY,
I want a raw edge veil. Its only tulle right?! So I know there are different weights of tulle, thickness, I guess. I did not buy my dress from Davids Bridal but a nice botique instead. BUT when I tried dresses on at Davids Bridal they had a pretty Vera Wang veil. Only $100 bucks. I (my aunt), already purchased my dress from the botique and the botique wants me to come back and try on accessories. But, I know their veils will be MUCH more. Can anyone tell me if there truly is a differnece in the $100 Davids Bridal raw edge plain tulle veil and the veil from a botique? My assistant at the botique told me there was a HUGE difference and the weight will help me hair spray the veil to keep it away from my face and yada yada. Is that bull? HELP. :)

Re: VEIL

• Options
    THANK YOU for that! I may just order from that website eventually!
  • Options
    one important thing to remember about the veil is that you will wear it for the ceremony and for pictures but in all likelyhood will be losing it when you go to the reception, not a whole lot of people (thoes helping your dress and your fience) should be touching your veil so if it's a little on the rough side, i highly doubt any of them will mind!

I would still go and try on the accesory peices at the dress store you got your dress from just because there might be something that catches your eyes. and then let your inner crafts-lady out on the much cheaper veil you buy.
  • Options
    I know you've already purchased your veil but just to reiterate - I bought a raw edge veil for only $40! After trying on many veils while trying on dresses, I really couldn't tell much of a difference and no one else will either.
    image 0 Invited image 0 Attending image 0 Declined image 0 Unknown
    RSVP Date 5/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards