Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dessy Group BM Dresses/Chiffon Dresses

I'm looking at Dessy.com for my BM dresses. Given the variety of shapes and sizes of my girls, I think I'm going to tell them to get a cocktail length dress in a certain color & fabric, but whatever style they want. 

Does anyone have any experience with the Dessy dresses? Can they choose from any of the lines, or will I have to tell them to pick from one of them?

And what do you all think of chiffon dresses? I really love the color "Smashing" on that website, and it seems a lot of the dresses come in chiffon. My other color I am considering is "Quarry" or "Charcoal".

Re: Dessy Group BM Dresses/Chiffon Dresses

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2010
    I had my girls choose from Dessy/After Six line.  They were all in the Clover green and knee length.  The only thing I asked was that they did not choose a satin or taffeta dress.  Two girls chose Nu-Georgette and two chose chiffon.  Pics in my married bio of all the girls.  

ETA: We purchased the dresses through Jay's Bridal.  They were about $50 less than in the bridal salons.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We used Dessy, style 2787 in espresso. It looked great on everyone. We ordered them through a self owned boutique.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We used Alfred Sung, D435, 436 and 437. I had a similar issue - wanted them to have an option with necklines because they have very different body types. It worked out great. We ordered them online (bestbridalprices.com) for way less than in stores, and they arrived very quickly. The color is beautiful. The only problem I have is that the skirts are kind of poofy - most of my BMs are getting them altered to "de-poof." Alternatively, I ordered a chiffon dress from After Six for a friend's wedding and it looks (and fits) very well!
  • Options
    Was in a wedding with Dessy Dresses and we had no problems.  Ordered from Pearl's Place and we saved a lot and they arrived very fast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards