Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Help finding a dress like this...

I bought this dress off Nordstrom.com. I love it on the model, I don't like it in person! Granted it was too big for me, but even bringing it in, I don't think it would look right. But I love the vintage style to it, and I really love the off white color and mix of materials (it's lace and tulle). Any ideas on where I can look for gowns like this? 

I've been browsing lots of sites but I can't find anything like this.

Thanks in advance! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help finding a dress like this...

• Options
    Have you taken it to a seamstress to have it pinned on you so you can get an idea of how it will look? Just holding it in doesn't really give them same effect. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_help-finding-a-dress-like-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:6d7d8b42-3022-4965-9628-ef0091200e2dPost:319ed4ad-aefc-4189-95fc-57be153f2ffa">Help finding a dress like this...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought this dress off Nordstrom.com. I love it on the model, I don't like it in person! Granted it was too big for me, but even bringing it in, I don't think it would look right. But I love the vintage style to it, and I really love the off white color and mix of materials (it's lace and tulle). Any ideas on where I can look for gowns like this?  I've been browsing lots of sites but I can't find anything like this. Thanks in advance! 
    Posted by kcbee[/QUOTE]

This is why most of us encourage brides to make sure you try on dresses before you buy.

Check you Seattle local board and get some recommendations for bridal stores near you. Take this picture with you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_help-finding-a-dress-like-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:6d7d8b42-3022-4965-9628-ef0091200e2dPost:e2ee6899-0633-450c-b3e2-3bc1cb0cafb7">Re: Help finding a dress like this...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Help finding a dress like this... : This is why most of us encourage brides to make sure you try on dresses before you buy. Check you Seattle local board and get some recommendations for bridal stores near you. Take this picture with you.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yes, I never would have bought it but they have free shipping and free returns! So I thought I'd take the chance.</div><div>
    </div><div>To the other poster - I haven't taken it to a seamstress yet. I plan to. But I just don't like something else about the dress...I can't really pinpoint what it is. Just isn't jaw dropping to me like it was online!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Check out www.suinumerisbride.com!  We have gorgeous wedding dresses from Pronovias, Watters, and more!  Plenty of new gowns coming in June.  Although it's an online boutique, we have a generous refund policy and constant specials.  sui numeris bride is also available for style tips and suggestions for your big day!  Leave the stress of the dress to us; you just show up looking glamorous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards