Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

What to wear with this dress?

Hi,

I am wearing the below dress for my wedding on Sept 5th, but I don't know what to wear in my hair, or what I should wear for jewelry.  I am not wearing a veil.  Any ideas? Thanks!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Charmeuse-V-neck-halter-with-ruched-surplice-bodice.-SV9563_Bridal-Gowns-Features-Designer-Gowns-Galina-Signature

Re: What to wear with this dress?

• Options
    I think that with that neckine, a necklace would draw the eye away. If you wear one, maybe some simple pearls or something fairly dainty. What about wearing a braclet and/or some earrings.

You don't have to wear anything in your hair, but you could look around on etsy.com and some of the other wedding sites for fake hairpieces. Or you could have your florist do one for you that matches your wedding flowers, they will know which flowers hold up well and which don't.
  • Options
    That's beautiful! I actually tried this one on, but it didn't speak to me.
    As far as your hair, I would say a pretty pearl/rhinestone comb would look good with that. I'm not digging the feather or flower look with that dress.
    For jewelry, I think only wear a bracelet and earrings. Something vintagey looking? The dress just screams classic hollywood glamour to me.. Don't go overboard with jewels- the dress is glamorous by itself.
  • Options
    Cleo7Cleo7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    First of all, I love your dress!  I tried it on, but it just didn't work with my hips.

You're not wearing a veil, but what are you planning do to with your hair?  I think a little sparkle in your hair would look nice (a headband/tiara if you're wearing it down, sparkly comb or pins if you're wearing it up)! 

Honestly, I don't know if I'd wear a necklace with that dress.  The neckline and bodice is so dramatic, I think a necklace might take away from the dress itself. 
    image Final Count: 80 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

I don't think I will wear a necklace with this dress, but yes earrings are a must! Do you think I should stay pretty small or have long earrings?

I have not competely decided what I want to do with my hair.  My first thought was half up half down, but lately I've been thinking a low, loose, updo with curls coming down. What do you think? The wedding is going to be outside by the ocean, but it is not going to be a beach wedding.
  • Options
    So pretty!  There was a post today on style me pretty with fun and pretty headpieces.  I agree that something in your hair would be lovely.  I would do earings and a bracelet but no necklace.

How about something like the sparkly one on the right:

http://www.stylemepretty.com/

• Options
    Cleo7Cleo7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

For earrings, I'd go with something that has a bit of a drop, but isn't ridiculously long.  Like these:  http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-earrings_9916
    or these:  http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-earrings-white-gold_5750 (I'm sure you could find nice CZ ones if real diamonds aren't in the budget - they sure aren't in mine!) 

But the earrings could depend on how you do your hair.  If you're wearing your hair completely up, smaller earrings might have a bigger impact. 

Your dress has such an awesome vintage-glam feel to it, I'd definitly find a hairstyle that works with your hair type & texture that has a vintage/old hollywood vibe to it.

image Final Count: 80 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For earrings I prefer stud stype of earrings with a halter neckline. Like maye something oversized but not dangly. But if you choose a drop type earring keep it small like pp said.

For a braclet I would take the opportunity to do a big chunky one. A nice chunky bracelet brings a subtle hint of drama.
  • Options
    I prefer dangly earrings especially with no necklace. And I agree 100% no necklace. Maybe a bracelet too. I love jewelry and sparkle!

Low loose updo sounds better for that dress than half up/half down. Anything to draw attention or not take away from neckline is best! Good luck with everything!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards