New Hampshire

Lynsey Loring designs--reviews?

Hi all!
I'm none too thrilled with the recommended florists from Brookstone, and I stumbled upon Lynsey Loring designs in my searches for a florist.
I want to be reasonable when it comes to flowers (let's face it, they die) but I do want something pretty for pictures.  Her packages seems reasonable (is she flexible? We don't need all those bouts and corsages!) but I was wondering if anyone's worked with her and if you have, what is she like? Is she flexible/understanding/patient/creative? We're doing a mesh on classic and modern for our look/theme, and from her pictures I think she has that look down pat.
TIA!
4/29/12

Re: Lynsey Loring designs--reviews?

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have her booked for my June wedding. I met with her last winter and you can do A-la-carte.
    My list includes:
    1 bridal
    2 bridesmaids
    2 flower girl petals
    5 bouts
    and a couple coursages.

She's very fexible and I can change my mind up to 2 weeks before the wedding.

She is extremely nice and seemed to understand the vision I was going for. She added her suggestions, which seemed to complament my ideas.

DLS.1215 used her for her flower last April and was very happy.

I would recommend meeting with her and see what you think.
  • edited December 2011
    She is very flexible! When you meet with her, she'll have you go through her books and pick out different flowers and designs you like. I basically went through and said, "I want that, and that, and that, and that in pink, and that, and that." You get the drill. Lyndsey wrote all of it down and calculated the price. My mom told me there was no way we'd be able to afford everything that I picked out, and we'd have to cut stuff out. Lyndsey came in under the package price we were interested in! We ordered the following:

-bridal bouquet (callas, hydrangeas, peonies)
    -4 bridesmaid bouquets (callas)
    -3 nosegays (callas)
    -9 bouts (callas)
    -20 pew wreaths (mums and hydrangea I think)
    -15(?) table arrangements (hydrangeas and peonies)
    -2 altar arrangements(hydrangeas, peonies, roses, snapdragons)

Lyndsey was able to do all this for us for less than $2k.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    I'm trying to keep flowers under $1200, $1K if possible.  Hopefully she can do that, I'll definitely contact her!
    4/29/12
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    edited December 2011
    For what I listed, which in very minium, it is $200 plus $100 delivery/set-up fee (of which I can choose to have someone pick them up for me and knock off that fee).
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what area your looking in--but I met a florist last weekend at the WZID bridal show that was so nice and had beautiful designs.  Her prices, compared to others, were less expensive too.  She said she would deliver for a $50 fee.

Anne's Country Florals, 142 Lowell Rd., Hudson NH  03051  889-9903
    www.annecountryfloral.com
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED her.  The flowers were beautiful and well under what I expected.  We did an ala carte as well and got:

1 bridal bouquet
    2 BM bouquets
    5 bouts
    3 corsages
    1 toss bouquet
    about 10 main centerpieces
    4 cocktail centerpieces
    plus the delivery and it was WELL under 1K

For the record we had calla lilies, and gerber daisies, as well as the vases lined with limes.  One thing that will help if you can is to bring your own vases.  I picked mine up from another bride used them and then sold them again Smile

Here are a few pics of her work with our wedding:

Bouquets: Calla lilies for mine, gerber daisies and spider mums for the girls.

Centerpieces, gerber daisies with sliced limes in the vases:
    Sorry if the pics came out huge!  
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I am looking into using Lyndsey for my wedding also. She seems very on top of her game. If you put her name in the search at the top of theknot home page you can see past weddings she has done.
  • forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've booked Lyndsey for my Sept wedding, and she has been wonderful thus far. Very reasonable, very personable. Her portfolio is AMAZING. We e-mail back and forth quite often, and I'm always sending her ideas and she is very receptive to everything I send her. I love that she works out of her home and does only events. The florists I met with that run a shop and do weddings / events as well didn't seem as into it as Lyndsey does. 
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • ladyd522ladyd522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also booked Lyndsey for my October Wedding. I have met with her once so far & the she was very open to my ideas & very decent with the price as well. I would def. give her a call and check out what she has to offer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker> Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I have an apt. with Lyndsey in two weeks! Thanks to this thread! Good advice from everyone. It seems that she has the best deals in town.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards