Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Whether or not to wear a veil at the reception

I'm on the fence about whether or not to keep my veil on at the reception.  There will be dancing, so it's not just a finger food reception.  I was just curious what the majority are doing these days?  I've seen my friends do it both ways.

Re: Whether or not to wear a veil at the reception

• Options
    What is the length of it?

I wore an elbow length veil for the ceremony which was placed near the top of my head. My MOH moved it to the back of my head, so that it hung down my back more for the reception. My veil was custom made and cost quite a bit, so there was no way I was not going to wear it the entire day.
  • Options

My veil was cathedral length so I was ready to ditch it after pictures. I replaced it with a comb at the reception

• Options

Well, I'm one that likes to plan things for the most part, so I like to know what I'm going to do ahead of time for things like this.  It's a medium length veil.  Nothing real long and nothing real short.  Custom made or not, veils are expensive, so maybe I should get my money's worth out of it too.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I was going to take mine off after cocktail hour, but after several painful hugs where my head got yanked back, I took it off.  Not everyone seems to have this problem, though, and as Stage said, it doesn't take long to remove.  You can just decide when the time comes, if you're unsure.

Edit: Just saw your response.  Well, my veil cost less than $30, so I wouldn't say all veils are expensive.  If you feel like you must have a plan, it's a decision that's really up to you.  And maybe you can just take comfort in knowing that even if you decide to change your plan, it's not a big deal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i think it would just get kind of annoying after dancing for hours straight (if you like to dance)..i would wear it in like the beginning when you're not doing much but once you start dancing and moving around take it off.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone.  Just see how it goes.  It doesn't take much to remove it whenever you're tired of wearing it.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I took mine off and had been planning on it.  With people hugging me, it was pulling on my hair and getting really annoying.
  • Options
    I'm taking my out for the reception, but keeping my tiara on. It's just got a comb attatchment, so it won't be an issue
    Sarah Kropf Wedding Countdown Ticker 98image 12image 4image
  • Options
    I will be taking mine off after pictures. I will also have a cathedral length veil so I do not want to have to deal with a veil that long during dinner.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_whether-not-wear-veil-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:6e5c5c09-d084-4123-bfde-58fe5cc188d7Post:a2fa24d0-ed78-4bf2-a22c-d9812d27ec7f">Re: Whether or not to wear a veil at the reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously, this isn't something that needs a "plan".  It's taking a comb out of your hair. 
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
    This. 

A lot of things need to be planned before your wedding day.  This isn't one of them.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    I took mine off after our entrance and dances, right before we ate.  I think I paid $40 for mine, and I wore it from about 11am-6pm,if you're worried about getting your $$ worth out of it.  We did pictures before the ceremony (SO glad we did that) and taking it out was really easy with my hairstyle. You just remove a couple bobby pins, and you're done.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.  I was just really wanting some opinions, not so much as me having to have a plan.  I will have a comb with pearls on it at the top of it and I'm wearing a tiara. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards