New Hampshire
Options

Non-Church Ceremony Location

I am looking at a lot of different places to have the reception, and it seems like a lot of places that would work with our budget don't actually have a place where we could have the ceremony.

We're not religious, and would like either an outdoor ceremony or a non-religious indoor ceremony.

The reception places I would like to consider are in either Concord or Manchester.

Are there any parks or other places that would work out for us? So far I have thought of Unitarian Universalist congregations (they are welcoming to people of many different beliefs) in both cities and "Pretty Park" (Wagner Park) in Manchester. Has anyone been to these places or heard of others?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Non-Church Ceremony Location

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, there's the Alvirne Chapel in Hudson.  That's where we're getting married and we're having our reception in Manchester.
    There's also the Searles Chapel in Windham.
    And there's another chapel in Brookline that I can't remember the name of.

I think all of those places would be reasonable distances from a Manchester reception.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pp is right you do have the Alvirne Chapel in Hudson, NH they charge $200 or $250 to rent. There is also the Bethany Chapel on 54 Newbury Rd, Manchester, NH not sure what they charge.
    I however did get married at Pretty Park last year and it was free. Here are some of the family photos that have been uploaded to Photobucket
    http://tinyurl.com/y89a67z

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    redvi01etredvi01et member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your photos are beautiful! What was your weather backup? Can you rent a tent or chairs for the ceremony? Whom do you contact to get a permit?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you I was very lucky to have great photographers.
    As for a weather back up, I really didn't want one but as a back up I would have had it at my reception which we had at Unwined in Manchester.

I sent a letter to the parks and recreation department in Manchester asking permission to have our ceremony at the park. They sent us a letter saying congrats and that is was ok to have the ceremony there. However you can't rent chairs, or tents. Because of this I didn't have a long ceremony, this way our guest would'nt have to stand for a long time. My grandparents were not able to attend because of health reasons, if they had I would have brought chairs just for them.
  • Options
    BlldandiBlldandi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having both our ceremony and reception at the Massabesic Audubon Center.  I know some people have done the ceremony at Lake Massabesic Park.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am actaully getting married at the Castleton Banquet and Conference Center in Windham.  They have a gorgeous area out side for the ceremony and the reception building is right there too.  That's why I picked it because I wanted something out doors and I wanted the reception to be in the same place as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards