Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Warning--do not use Elegantly Bound Books for your wedding guest book

Hi,

I am  posting to share a very negative experience I had with Elegantly Bound Books by Kelly Cooke.  I ordered a guest book from her on 5/17/2010, using only materials featured on her site, noting my wedding date of 9/4/2010 and pre-paying the full amount, as required.  Although her website promises delivery in 3-5 weeks, I went 7 1/2 weeks without hearing anything from her.  Finally, I emailed to ask about the status of my order, and was told only that there had been "a delay," and that I would have my book "soon."  Two weeks later, I still had heard nothing, so I emailed about my order again, reminding Kelly that, at that point, my wedding was only 5 weeks away.  I was told be to "be patient," and that I would have my order in 2 weeks.  A week and a 1/2 goes by with no updates, so I emailed Kelly again and was told I would have my order in one week, and again was told to be patient.  At this point, I informed Kelly that my wedding was only 1 month away, and that I really needed my book soon.  She promised that I would have it by Aug. 7.  Not surprisingly, this date came and went with no shipment, and no email from Kelly.  I finally just had to get my money back, but was left with no time to order another custom guest book.

My advice is to just stay away from this vendor--Apart from an initial "sorry for the delay," she never apologized or explained why it was not possible to fill my order as promised.

Re: Warning--do not use Elegantly Bound Books for your wedding guest book

• Options
    That is not good at all. But thanx for the heads up. At least you got your money back. Maybe you could make a custom one yourself. If you are into the DIY stuff.

Just buy a plain book and cover the cover with wrapping paper or fabric to match your wedding colors.

Hope everything else is going well.
    The most beautiful things in the world are not seen nor touched. They are felt with the heart. -- Helen Keller Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Oh sorry you had to deal with that!!! :( Check out Martha Stewert Weddings, she has a great DIY section with some fun guest books!
  • Options
    I got our guest book from her and had a wonderful experience and LOVE the book. I had originally requested that the pages not have lines and she accidentally did it with lines but took the time to redo it and sent me an extra smaller book too. Maybe she's just taken on more than she can handle at this point... :(
  • Options
    I am having the same experience with Kelly!  I am so sad, because her guest books look amazing!!  I ordered mine in April...my wedding is October 9th.  I thought i ordered it in plenty of time considering the fact that she claims the lead time is 3-5wks on her website.  I really hope I get it in time, i know it will look great.  But I am not happy about the long delay!  was it hard for you to get your money back from her?
  • Options

I'm having the same issue.  Since March I've been emailing her and each response is "thank you for being patient...your order is scheduled to ship next week."  Now she isnt even responding.  I placed my order in March.  How did you go about getting your money back?

It's too bad because judging by her website her work is gorgeous.  But she's just too unprofessional.

• Options
    Hello Ladies,
     Add me to the list of unpleased Elegantly Bound customers. I ordered my guestbook, card box and pen holder on the 11th of July for my October 10th wedding. I just NOW got it, 9 days before the wedding. This was only after numerous emails and phonecalls to 2 numbers I had to search for. I got one # from the receipt her website automatically sends you via email when you place an order, and the other # from the PayPal receipt I got when I used my PayPal account to pay for the order. I think she is over capacity on her work load, not that this is an acceptable excuse. I don't understand why she doesn't simply change the estimated shipping time on her website to state the truth, that it will take at least 3 months for your order to reach you. I sent her the following email after opening my pkg today:
    Kelly,
     I got my order today. I am however quite disappointed with the quality of the card box & pen holder. The fabric is unglued on several spots of the card box. And the pen holder has what seems like unremoveable smudges. Not to mention that the actual pen was broken in half. And upon further inspection of the guest book, we realized that the cover overlaps and does not close like shown on your website pictures.
    I have googled reviews of your work, which I now feel I should of done prior to placing my order, and it looks like I am not the only person that has been displeased with your business. Your presentation is what keeps people interested and then hopeful when they place an order, but frankly I don't think this is going to work much longer with all those unhappy reviews posted on very well known sites.
    I hope you make changes in your productivity level for the best. But I can honestly say I would not recommend your products to anyone.
    Feel free to contact me if you need pictures of the damage I mentioned.

I hope she changes her tune soon, I can't imagine she's making much of a profit with so many customers asking for refunds. My fiance is pretty upset with the end result of this issue. He feels that we should receive at least a partial refund. My hopes aren't high for that though... I'm sure Kelly feels she has bigger fish to fry.
    My final words, DO NOT ORDER FROM KELLY, no matter how beautiful those pictures are, it is SOOOOO not worth the stress.
  • Options
    Hello I'm Kelly with Elegantly Bound.  I have hired somone to help me out so my back log isn't as long.  My busness blow up over night and I just wanted to make everyone happy.  I truely would have gotten all itmes to each customer in time.  There are always going to be a few unhappy people when you are dealing with  thousands.  To bad peopel dont look all over to post reviews when they are happy.  But what can I say it is business.  Thanks for letting me post.

http://www.elegantlyboundbooks.com/Testimonials.html

Kelly Cooke
    Elegantly Bound
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards