Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Help with Color Of Bridesmaids Dresses

I just bought my dress which is considered ivory. I've always wanted champagne bridemaids dresses, but now I'm worried it might not look right next to my dress. I've been told to be careful with that color. My other colors are lilac and a darker purple. Do I go with a purple colored dress or stick with my original thought? My wedding is next June.

Re: Help with Color Of Bridesmaids Dresses

• Options
    I would go with the purple. IMO ivory and champagne are too similar and may wash the photos out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_help-with-color-of-bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:717f5b1c-e496-4b5f-a492-9e8b991d068fPost:5d6af93c-c414-4908-9b4c-a3ff0120b9f5">Re: Help with Color Of Bridesmaids Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would go with the purple. IMO ivory and champagne are too similar and may wash the photos out.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

This! Plus, I'm partial to purple. My wedding was different shades of purple. Should be easier to find what you like.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Dark purple would be beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Go to a bridal shop where they have the champagne you want to use. Have one of your girls try the dress on in that color, even if it is the wrong style. Then try on any ivory dress & stand next to each other & see how it looks. If you are worried about not enough contrast then go with the purple & maybe you can do champagne accents like in a sash or headband or shawl. 
  • Options
    If you're wearing the big floor length gown & veil, and they're wearing something shorter and simpler, you'll still look 100% bride. If you love the color, go with it.
  • Options
    I have been to a few weddings where the BMs wore champagne and they both looked great.  But IMO, dark purple is quite a bit easier to wear then champagne.

• Options
    I'm doing dark purple and ivory too- my BMS are wearing purple
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards