Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Inbetween sizes???

For my wedding dress I measure inbetween sizes. So my bust and hips had me at a size 10....and my waist has me at a 12. I'm a pretty average size girl, normally wear about 6/8 in pants. They suggested I go with the 12. But now I am scared it will be to big and I will have to pay a lot to get it altered. BUT then it would be horrible if the dress was to small. whats a girl to do???

Re: Inbetween sizes???

• Options
    Have you tried on dresses from that designer in a 10 and 12?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    No, they only samples they had were a size 6 in that designer. and although I was able to actually get the dress on, i was stuffed in there. Couldnt move
  • Options
    Go with the larger size- it will be less to alter it down than to alter it up or have to get a new dress because yours is too small. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Order according to your largest measurement.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Order the size dress that fits the biggest part of you.  If your waist measures a size 12 then order the size 12.  You do not want to order a size 10 and then it be too tight and uncomfortable in your waist area, or worse not fit at all.

It is a lot easier to take in a dress then it is to let one out.

Also, even though you may wear a 6/8 in regular clothes this is a wedding dress and their sizes run small...so most likely the size 12 is actually a 6/8 in reality.

• Options
    It will be so much easier to have the dress taken in than to try to figure out what to do if it does not fit, I would go with the larger size and save the stress.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Bridal sizes are wack. I was between two sizes as well (6/8) and I normally wear a 4. I'm glad I went with the larger size. It turned out that the 8 fits me perfectly in the waist and hips and it just needs to be taken in a bit in the bust.
  • Options
    Definitely order the larger size.  My BFF is super tiny up top but has hips - according to the measurements, she was a size 0 at the bust, 4 at her waist and a 12 at her hips.  She ordered the 12 and they were able to alter the rest of the dress.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards