Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

bridesmaids accessories

hey everyone! 1st time posting because i need some fellow bride advice!! my girls' dresses are long so i dont really care about the shoes they wear as long as the color is right...i have some people suggesting that the shoes MUST be the same style because if not, it'll look funny in pictures, etc...same with jewelry...what do you think?? HELP!!

Re: bridesmaids accessories

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2010
    No, giving them a color and letting them pick their own style is perfectly acceptable.  It's actually very thoughtful because they can then pick their own style that's most comfortable for them.  My ladies had short dresses and I asked them to pick a shoe in a champagne or gold color.  I didn't think they looked odd together at all.  

And no one cares what jewelry your BM wear.  Do you remember any of the BM jewelry from any of the weddings you've been to?  Let them wear their own jewelry.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Nobody is going to notice the BM's shoes or accessories.  Having never been a fan of the march of the clones, I'd advise letting them wear whatever jewelry they choose and let them wear whatever shoe.  You said the dresses are long so it's not like they'll be noticeable - they could wear hot pink shoes and you won't notice.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    All my girls are wearing the same color shoe (silver) in whatever style they want or have.  I was originally thinking the same jewelry, but they all have very different styles so they are wearing whatever they want to. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto pp's. I told my BM's the color (silver) of shoe and they chose the style, etc. They loved me for it bc one of my BM's doesn't like open toed shoes, therefore if I would have said open toed heels, she would have been uncomfortable.

As far as the jewelry goes, let them choose their own. Assuming they all have good taste, they will do just fine with that. I actually got all of my BM's a pair of earrings to wear to the wedding along with other things for their gifts, so you could do something like that if you wanted.
  • Options
    You are better off letting them pick their own style in whatever color like PP said. I have one bridesmaid that won't wear anything under a three inch heel and three that refuse to wear heels period. They have to be comfortable.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't give my girls any direction on accessories, except to ask that they stayed in our color scheme (all neutrals).  Far from looking bad in pictures, the shoes and jewelry are barely visible at all.  You're right, the naysayers are wrong.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    thanks for the advice everyone!!! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards