Attire & Accessories Forum

Undergarments

I am wearing a mermaid-style bridal gown.  So, pretty much the entire dress is form fitting.  I wanted to know what were the best undergarments for enhancing my size "A" cup and were also slimming, especially in the tummy area. What is the best thing to wear to flatten your tummy? I have seen spanx and there are so many different styles, that I am not sure which is the best for me.  What are your suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Undergarments

• I would get the Spanx that go down to the knee and all the way up over the ribs. Then I'd have padded cups sewn into the dress. They're comfy, flattering, and slide around a lot less than a bra would.
  • I agree with opalsky007-- you can also look at the corset bra
    Sarah Kropf Wedding Countdown Ticker 98image 12image 4image
  • Spanx and a long-line bra, probably. Cups in the dress would probably work just as well, though a long-line bra is always nice to have around fo rstrapless dresses and reuseable.
  • I'm in the same boat as you! I got some Spanx from Rue La La but they were the "hide and sleek" kind which (according to their website) only offer "medium" support. Needless to say I need a bit more than medium so I'm going to order their "slim cognitio" which is super-duper support. Let's hope it works!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited November 2010
    Be careful with too much padding in the bust.  I was at a wedding where the bridesmaids all did this in strapless dresses.  One tripped on the hem of her dresss, and because the dress was fitted to go over the padding, and not fitted to her, it came right down.  You may want to consider having the padding between the lining and outer layers of the dress, so the lining fits you snugly.  The dresses in question were long torso, full skirt, not mermaid, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards