Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bill Levkoff Bridesmaid Dresses!

Hi Guys!

I really need some advice. I have chosen the Bill Levkoff style 584 as my bridesmaid dresses. My BM's are generally a size 4 and my bridal salon told  them that based on their measurements they needed to order a 10 or 12!! My friend that generally wears a 10 or 12 tried on the 12 and it fit her perfectly so I cant imagine that a 12 would fit my BM's!! Has anyone else run into this issue? I know they base the size on the largest area on the girls, but this seems just way to large. Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Bill Levkoff Bridesmaid Dresses!

• Options
    Did your BMs give their measurements and then the salon told their sized based on that?  Were they measured in the correct places on their bodies?  One of my BMs was measured in the wrong spots and almost ordered a 12 instead of a 2!

I would contact another shop and have them remeasure your BMs and see what they size.  Bridal sizes tend to run different than street sizes, but it's usually only 1 or 2 sizes different.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would have your girls get measured again.  We are having Levkoff dresses and they were all very close to their street size or just one size up.  A size 4 should definitely not be a size 10!!  The only big difference was my sister, she is a size 4 and I believe she got a 6 or 8 but that is only because of her large bust.  But, like I said the others were close to their street size.   
    Anniversary
  • Options
    While ordering a size 12 for a size 4 girl does seem like a big jump, I had to order a size 20 Bill Levkoff gown for a wedding I was in last year and I'm normally a size 12-14. Everything fit me perfectly but the bust, which I got taken in. Trust the measurements. I was so nervous about ordering a 20, but I trusted the numbers and they were right.
  • Options
    The Bill Levkoff I got from a consignment store was true to size (4, and I wear 2-6 depending on the store).
  • Options
    My bridesmaids just order their dresses and they are Bill Lvekoff as well. My MOH is a size 4 in regular clothes and after giving her measurements they ordered her a size 4, so I think that is way too big to put someone that is a size 4 into a 12. She actually tried on the size 12 as it was the sample in the store and it was HUGE on her.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    My bridesmaids definitely had to go up at least two sizes in Bill Levkoff due to their body types. They choose the size based on the largest part of your body, so due to hips and chests they all had to get a larger size.
  • Options
    I think all my BMs went up 2 sizes in Bill Levkoff so I would think your size 4 BM might need an 8 but it totally depends on her body shape, and the style and fabric of the dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My BMs are also wearing Bill Levkoff and all ordered 1-2 sizes up. They're not in yet, so we'll see. . .
  • Options
    I was told in "wedding attire" whether it be bridal gown or bm dresses most designers run 1-2 sizes small. I had to order my dress in an 8 when I usually wear a 4ish. Havent done BM dresses yet, one is still prego, and we still have a year.
  • Options
    i have a bill levkoff dress. it was ordered according to my biggest measurement. it's 3 sizes bigger than my normal dress size and only needs to be taken in a little bit in a few places to fit perfectly.
  • Options
    We wore Bill Levkoff dresses for a wedding.  We were all measured at Pearl's Place and all fit except on bridesmaid who was pregnant by that time.  They remade the back of the dress and put in new fabric and all was good.  I would email one of the onliine stores such as Pearl's Place for a size chart and any measuring tips.  One of the out of town maids was measured at David's in Houston, and she was all wrong but Pearls helped he with revising those measurements.  I have several friends who have gone to DB and gotten measured poorly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards