Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

something blue?

I want my something blue to be my shoes, but my fiance hates that idea. Any suggestions?

Re: something blue?

• Options

One friend picked up blue crystals that she glued to the bottom of her shoes.  She used the crystals to spell out "I Do".  When she knelt at the altar, these crystals were visible to first few rows.

• Options

Maybe TMI but I wore a blue thong.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    i'm considering some sort of sapphire in my jewelry.  other than that, i like the bottom of the shoes idea.  My shoes are white, and I'm a tiny bit bummed that I didn't think to do a fun color shoe!  So i might use a ribbon, or the jewels on the bottom to dress it up.  Not sure yet....
  • Options
    that's very creative! I wanna be creative but i want it to be something everyone will notice
  • Options
    That's what he said i should do lol
  • Options
    I know. That's why I'm stuck (._. )
  • Options
    Umm...your fiance doesn't have to wear the shoes.  You are being kind and generous to consider his input, but depending how strongly you feel about it, you're the bride and it's your prerogative to wear what you want :-)  Or if it's worth a compromise, give him his way on something he wanted that you didn't like.

PP's had some good ideas, if you want something that will show you can do a blue ribbon or brooch on your bouquet or even one or more blue flowers in your bouquet.  I saw one bride who exchanged the corset laces for the back of her dress and used a colored ribbon instead and it looked awesome.  I think Kate Middleton did something like this although it didn't really show.  Or maybe a blue sash or tie if your dress doesn't already have one?  A blue garter would eventually be seen when your fiance tosses it.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I'm doing blue shoes, so I guess I'm probably not helping.  There's an etsy seller, Becca and Louise who makes beautiful blue shoes with lace overlays.  Like this:

Another idea: saw a picture on pinterest of a bride who had her wedding date embroidered in blue on the inside of her wedding dress. Very cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Just wear them! Lol. I did ;)
  • Options
    I bought some vintage 1950's blue rhinestone clip earrings to use as shoe clips.
  • Options
    I will be wearing saphire earings, but I like the "I do " on the shoes idea... it is definitely creative. 
  • Options
    I need to find something blue.  I did have a blue bow on my longline bra but I decided against wearing it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just have a little blue bow sewn to the inside of my garter.
  • Options
    I think there is a seller on etsy who embroiders your name (or Future Mrs name) on a blue ribbon and you can have your seamstress attach it to your hem or somewhere under you dress.
  • Options
    Instead of wearing something you can always have your florist add one blue flower to your bouquet or wrap the stems of your bouquet in a blue ribbon.

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered a blue monogram dress label and had my seamstress sew it onto the front of my skirt (under the top layer).  I lifted my dress slightly for pictures.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Our colors were royal blue and yellow so I bought Royal blue Por La Victoires and I LOOOVE them
    BUT if you don't want all blue, check out etsy.com and search for "blue shoe clips" you will get fun, beautiful clips to add to your shoes. :] I love them! Honestly, if your dress touches the ground, no one will see your "something blue" so I don't see why your FI cares... but.... *shrug* if it's THAT big of a deal to him, I would go the "I do" rhinestone route. It makes for cute pictures too:

• Options
    I have a blue brooch on my bouquet.
    You could also do "I Do" stickers on the bottom of your shoes that are blue.
  • Options
    Blue is my wedding color, but I'm not wearing anything blue.  I'll have blue cornflowers in my bouquet.
  • Options
    If it were my FI and I wanted to do it, I would probably tell him to deal with it, haha.

As it were, my seamstress is embroidering my wedding date in blue on the inside of my dress.  But you could always wear blue jewelry or underwear.

I also love this idea - BMs/close female family members signing the bottom of your shoes, in blue.  I would do it, but my shoes have black soles =\

photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Ihave theblue "I Do" crystals on the bottom of my shoes and my garter has our initials embroided in blue. The shoe crystals are so cute that I gota couple of other colors for my rehearsal dinner shoes and flip flops for my honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like the idea of the wedding dress label.  I'm going to have it sewn in with just a few stitches so afterwards I can take it out and keep it as a keepsake and use it for a bookmark (I love to read). I'm getting mine from here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/82995126/wedding-dress-label-personalized-custom  I'm not sure if I'll get a monogram or just my wedding date.  Any thoughts?
  • Options
    I'm doing blue garters. I got the set so you can toss one and keep one, but I loved them so much, I bought a cheapo at Michaels to throw so I can keep both my cool ones!

Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards