New Hampshire

wedding gown color!

I just found out that the dress I love does not come in diamond white.  It comes in Ivory or regular white.  What is the opinion on the bright white?  I've heard mixed things.  I know I don't want ivory, but is the white white too white?  What color are most girls getting??

Re: wedding gown color!

• edited December 2011

Everything I've read so far says Diamond White makes any skin tone look beautiful.  Most cant even tell the difference though.   I say if you love the dress and its "the one" then get it.  I wouldn't stress over a slight hue/shade difference.    Everyone will think you're beautiful no matter what shade you're wearing. 

• edited December 2011
    White is white....is white. I know some are "brighter" but its not really that big of a difference. I personally got an ivory dress. Mine only came in ivory, diamond white, and champagne and i thought the white was so bright and didn't like it. The sample was in champagne and I really like it, but went with ivory because I thought the champagne was a tad too dark.

Overall, if its the dress you want, get it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    When I bought my dress I though I wanted the bright white.  The sample was in ivory so the sales lady brought over a sample of a different dress by the same designer in the bright white for me to see.  I thought it didn't look nearly as nice as the ivory color I ended up purchasing.  However, this designer's ivory isn't quite the off-white I think of when I think of ivory.  It's a little more subtle.  That being said, have you looked at all the color swatches by that designer?  I'm sure the white would look just fine.  Especially if it's the dress you love!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    My dress is ivory and I thought it was white.  Just sayin'.
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_wedding-gown-color?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:7ca48e68-4c56-48a7-b8c9-f40156ab4ceaPost:12cb2807-9574-4b8c-9b14-7dc57ffde99e">Re: wedding gown color!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dress is ivory and I thought it was white.  Just sayin'.
    Posted by xoxpipahxox[/QUOTE]

Mine too!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is also ivory. I don't know what color your hair is, but I have always thought ivory complements darker hair very well.  

I would consider your skin tone and whether the bright white will wash you out. Try on other dresses by the same designer in the colors and see what you think.  Good luck!
  • Starfish724Starfish724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also bought an ivory dress, the bright white was too stark against my skin tone and dark hair.

I agree, look at the swatches or try on a dress in bright white and see how it looks against your skin/hair.
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I seem to be in the minority haha I bought a white dress.  I tried on both the ivory and white and I thought the ivory was too dark.  I have dark hair and I think it looks ok and doesn't wash me out.  (PIB of my dress)
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards