Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

2nd dress or not?

Do you think it's ridiculous for a 2nd dress for the reception? The one for the wedding is long and big- that it's too much and will take 5 girls to help me use the restroom. Do you think it's too over the top to have one or no?? I really want to get one and think that if I spend under 500 to 700 it's not a bad buy. What do you guys think?? 

Re: 2nd dress or not?

• Options
    i'm chinese and traditionally you do change dresses. you wear a white dress for the ceremony, a traditional chinese dress for the reception and a cocktail dress for dancing. granted not all brides do this. so i don't think it's weird to have a 2nd dress for the reception especially if you think your ceremony dress won't be comfortable. i think it's more about budget. i wouldn't go over your original dress budget to get a second dress. i think the money would be better off going somewhere else or saved. as well if it's a dress you can wear again that would be good.
  • Options
    I think having a second dress for traditional reason and having a second dress because your dress is huge are very different scenarios. Personally, it's NMS. I bought my wedding dress to wear on my wedding day, all of it. I just think it's silly to buy a gown to wear for just a few hours, when you already wear your gown for such a short time if you do wear it all day.

That being said, if you really want to then go for it. It's very much a personal choice.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_2nd-dress-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:7e6d9868-f0b1-40f3-9cb1-92eab65e1d4fPost:13de2b6f-a950-48c6-981e-d1a40f0446e3">Re: 2nd dress or not?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I bought my wedding dress to wear on my wedding day, all of it. I just think it's silly to buy a gown to wear for just a few hours, when you already wear your gown for such a short time if you do wear it all day. That being said, if you really want to then go for it. It's very much a personal choice.
    Posted by samurai21[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.
  • Options
    I love the idea of 2 dresses. You do what ever makes you happy!
  • Options
    I just can't imagine buying my wedding dress and then only wearing it for the brief ceremony.  It seems like a shame to wear it for such a short time.  For that reason, I don't think I would buy a second dress.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    hmm........2nd dresses arent my style........i think you should love your dress so much you never want to take it off.......but thats my opinion.
  • Options
    I agree with unplainjane. I have no problem with, and actually love, the idea of having two dresses but think it is even more awesome when you can do it withing your single dress budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards