New Hampshire
Options

Why do weddings create so much DRAMA?!!

Sorry but I just feel like once I feel stress free, something else comes up that stresses me out. The worst part is that's all my FHs father!!

So not only is he creating so much stress about our rehearsal dinner, he cancelled dinner plans with me and my parents to meet them and discuss wedding things, yet continues to call my FH and tell him things that he wants for the wedding. I had asked him before I sent the STD out if there was anyone specific he wanted us to invite to the wedding (to be nice, even though my parents are paying for the whole wedding and he isn't helping with a dime). He said no and that he didn't care because it was our wedding and we could invite who we wanted. Great. Well we sent the STD out a month ago and he just told my FH that he wants us to invite his wife's son and his gf and that he asked them over the holidays if they would come.

We are having a small wedding (80 people) and we had to cut out a lot of people who mean a lot to both my FH and I from the guest list and the last thing I want to do is invite my FFIL's wife's son who means NOTHING to me. I discussed this with my parents and what they think and they are sick of my FFIL's attitude towards the wedding and continually blowing them off meeting them that they don't feel the need to do anything to make my FFIL happy. I just can't stand that I asked him 2 months ago about inviting people and he said no and now he is going back on what he said. I just don't know how to handle this and what to say to my FFIL when he asks about it.

I hate this drama and stress! How can I tell him that we aren't going to invite his stepson?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why do weddings create so much DRAMA?!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would just explain that you have already cut out people that mean a lot to you and that you just cannot afford to add them to your list. Since he isn't contributing, he should understand. I would just be up front about it earlier so that things don't get dragged out too long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree...just explain that you have limited financial resources and have already had to cut back the guest list to the minimum and just can't fit him in, because doing so would mean that you would have to eliminate someone that you are much closer to.  I think he'll understand.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Amyjoy31Amyjoy31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about the save the dates, you don't have to send them to everyone you are inviting, only those you know for sure you are inviting. You have plenty of time to finalize the guest list, btw. I understand the drama, it does get very stressful. You have to learn to let it go-I know easier said than done. Weddings are very emotional for everyone, good emotion and bad! Good luck and I hope it all works out. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards