New Hampshire
Options

Wedding Cake Recommendations

We've started looking at wedding cake vendors and are trying to find one that fits our tight budget. We will need cake for ~80 people, delivered to Henniker, NH. Frederick's can do a nice 3-tier cake for us for $300 (which is great!), but want $150 for delivery since it's a Sunday! Do you you ladies have any recommendations for cakes vendors in the Manchester area that would be more reasonable? We don't want anything super fancy, just a delicious 3-tier cake for <$350 if possible.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My two favorite cats!
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Cake Recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jacques in Suncook (around Concord aread) is really great.  They are deilvering our cake to Windham, NH and the delivery wasnt bad at all. 

http://www.jacquespastries.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Jacques as well and their delivery fee was much less.  Around $40 if I remember correctly.

Also-  their cake is AMAZING!
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah I think mine was like 40-50 charge. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jacques has a low delivery fee, but a high cost. I thought our cake was rather expensive and we don't have a lot of decoration on it. Jacques is the ONLY cake FI likes though, so we are going with them.

Edit: Check out Chickadee Hill cakes. I know they get great reviews here. Don't forget to look at the NH bio (in Gabs's sig)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shara at Chickadee Hill gets great reviews on this board... I used Andover Cakes-- cake was delicious.... it looked great... but the design wasn't what we talked about... so I was a bit disappointed in that. BUT... the cake looked great and only DH and I knew it wasn't right. They were pretty accommodating and after giving me the "ok" and a price on the design and size... they realized they needed to do fondant... which I didn't want. So they did it for free and then took it off when they served it. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendations! I like a lot of the designs on the Chickdee Hill website. I'll make sure to talk to Jacques too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My two favorite cats!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PI2 has awesome cakes. 
  • Options
    LErin26LErin26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Chickadee Hill Cakes!
This discussion has been closed.