Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

To change or not?

That is ze question

I bought my dress about a year and a half ago with the intention of staying close to the same weight but last month I tried it on at my first fitting it was bunching up in all the wrong places due to all the "happy" weight I've gained. Now I've got a real problem unless I can slim down for my next fitting in less than a week and I've been considering either adding a corset to the back, just "expanding" the thing, or look for a new dress entirely.

The dress is David's Bridal style 9V9302, can be found at here:
 http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49997265&catentryId=2001187

and looks like this but I had the neckline changed from a straight-accross to a sweetheart neckline:

Thoughts? My fitting is next week's Friday

We got married! Now if we could just remember what happened... Visit The Knot!
Bio
Blog & DIY

Re: To change or not?

• Options
    Talk to your seamstress first and ask if she thinks adding a corset will allow it to fit just as you'd like!
  • Options
    I'm a Vegas 2010 bride too!!! How much do you have to lose? I would do a combo of both, drink lots of water, cut back on sodium and eat healthy for the next week to get rid of whatever bloat you have, but definitely talk about adding a corset with your seamstress. I think a corset would look really nice with your dress and wouldn't detract from the style or look at all.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    if  your seamstress can add a corset back with out messing up the shape and design it will fit you perfectly

I am normally a size 16 in wedding gowns but my dress is a size 8 due to the corset back...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks gals! I was wondering if a corset would make it look odd. I need to lose weight in my hips and ass region in order to make this look better on myself. The dress keeps sliding up on my hips and gathers at my middle, which can be seen a little in the pictures I have in my bio, but it does it more so more noticibly now than it did then.

Hopefully the seamstress will be able to pull this off... and quickly. 49 days left!

Bio
    Blog & DIY
  • Options
    Also, Sloane99, I love the way your dress looks especially at the bottom with just a little bit of flare. It's so pretty!

Bio
    Blog & DIY
  • Options
    If the problem area is your hips, I'm not sure the corset will fix it.  My dress has a corset but it was fitted through the hips, also causing a crease on my midsection due to the dress sort of riding up (because it was too small to fit my hips).  My seamstress is taking out the hips an inch to fix the problem.

I'd talk to your seamstress.  She can recommend best how to make the dress fit you.  I'd avoid looking for a new dress unless she tells you yours can't be fixed, but I doubt that woudl ever happen.  They can work miracles!  Good luck!
  • Options
    That's it! I need a corset for my ass! Spanx!

Hopefully the seamstress will be able to let it out in the hips too. Thanks ladies!

Bio
    Blog & DIY
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards