New Hampshire
Options

*elizabeth918*

I just read your dear fi post. I wanted to let you know that I had the same issues with my FI. He was not looking forward to any meetings that I scheduled and didn't want to go. But once he was there he was involved and gave me his opinion. Guys have a hard time planning things and getting excited about things so far in the future. 

GL. 

Re: *elizabeth918*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So I'm not the only one?  I I just can't figure out what he wants! He said he might come to one appt. this weekend, so I suppose that's progress :)   I know that deep down, he just wants to host a celebration where our friends and family have fun and enjoy the day, but we have to find a place to HAVE said celebration!  Thanks for your words of encouragement! I'm glad there's hope!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask him to go to all of the appointments. I know it took a lot to get my FI to the appointments but he was really excited once he was there and had some strong opinions after we left. 
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS I'm having FI only go to venue, photographer & dj appointments. Later on I'll have him go to the tasting for the cake and the venue. There's no need for him to have to go to the florist. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the good advice!  :)  I agree. I want him to be part of the big things that you mentioned, but he can be excused from little details! 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards