Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Camouflage?

Hi everyone!!

My fiance wants him & his guys to be donned in camouflage.... I've 'compromised' and the guys are going to wear ties that match my girls' dresses (light green), black tuxes, white shirts.... and camo vests. I was hoping to get them specially made for us, but that's not looking likely any more. Has anyone come across a tux rental shop that has a camo pattern???? Our guys are spread out all around the country... so a big shop like a Men's Wearhouse would be ideal.

Any ideas would be helpful!! Thank you!

Amanda

Re: Camouflage?

• Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    yea I know the formal shop here called al's formal wear has them

here is what it looks like

http://www.jimsformalwear.com/ac_fb_camo.htm

http://www.alsformalwear.com/shopexd.asp?id=5508
  • Options
    really? Honestly, those vest don't look nice at all.  How about just a plain green vest or something?
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FI and his GM are wearing camo vests as well and we are getting them at a local shop.  I just googled 'camo tuxedo vest' and Jim's Formal Wear has them and it looks like they have locations all over the country. 
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The pictures online are hideous.  I have seen the camo vests and ties with a black tux in a wedding before and it looks a lot better in person.  I am not saying it's my favorite but I would have had a harder time compromising with FI if I had only seen the online pics.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_camouflage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:8a5698ef-e9f6-4c82-a8b9-7b5778cb1c95Post:c58aad2c-ae8c-4ce0-a032-d6cf729cf416">Re: Camouflage?</a>:
    [QUOTE]really? Honestly, those vest don't look nice at all.  How about just a plain green vest or something?
    Posted by cvl105[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree!  I always thought these posts were jokes, but it seems they aren't.  </div>
  • Options
    that is one of the most most ridiculous things i have ever seen.
  • Options
    Oh man, I am not showing my fiance this. He would be all over it! At least he gets to show his personality and style! I think its kinda fun! I am actually ordering a camo garter! Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips, ladies! No... it's not a joke. Believe me, this is much better than the ALL OUT camo suits he originally had picked out. I have seen these in real life too... and they do look much better than the photos online. Plus with the tux jackets over the vests, the camo won't be overpowering at all.
  • Options

looking for the same...

Not sure where the comments about what you would "allow" come from... last i checked there were two of us getting married, not just me myself and I. If he want camo... he wants camo! I wonder.... do they have them in kids size vests b/c my soon to be stepson is def going to want to look just like dad!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards