Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

I need help choosing shoes!

I can't seem to find shoes that will go with my dress. I never wear heels and I would like to be comfortable, my fiance is only 2 1/2 inches taller than I am. We are going for a "20's Hollywood glamour" sort of vibe. What do you think?
http://www.ellabridals.com/dress.php?id=135

Re: I need help choosing shoes!

• Options
    Your dress is gorgeous! Which color did you get? There are a lot of cute ballet flats with embellishment. I found several at Nordstrom. Also try DSW and Zappos.com they have a wedding link on their page so you don't have to search through all those shoes that are too casual. I was going to wear blue ballet flats but ended up getting an ivory and champagne dress. The shoes clashed too much so I got different ones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had a horrible time with shoes... several pair later I found mine at 6pm.com.  They have a huge selection!
    02.26.11 is the day I finally marry the love of my life...
  • Options
    What about a cute Mary Jane?  Some lines (Aerosoles, Cole Haan) have very good padding built into the footbed almost like a sneaker so they are very comfortable even if there is a small heel.  That might fit the 20's vibe to a T!  There are also some web sites where you can find vintage-looking shoes.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    You can totally design your OWN shoes on this site -- i'm obsessed... www.milkandhoneyshoes.com -- they'll even do flats!
  • Options
    Great dress for your theme! I would say go for a flat or a kitten heel. You've got the full-length dress, so you won't need to worry about how the shoes look most of the time. You could even go for a cute punch of color. I use Zappos sometime  to find shoes by style, and it works pretty well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards