New Hampshire
Options

venue suggestion

Hi Ladies,

A friend of mine just got engaged and is looking for a venue for this September!  Nothing like planning a wedding on the fly!  :)  Her total budget for everything is 15k, she plans on having approx. 100 guests and would like to stay within an hour of Southern NH.  Does anyone have any suggestions on venues she should check out?

TIA!

Re: venue suggestion

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Brookstone!
    Definitely check it out, it's in Derry. Talk to Alex, he's great!
    4/29/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Oaks Golf Links in Somersworth, NH...that's around an hour away. :) It's very worth it and has hot dates right now with specials!! Can definitely be done on a 15,000 dollar budget anyways, though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in August at the Granite Rose in Hampstead.  They have different packages and are willing to work with a budget.  Ask for Jenna. She has been great to work with! :) Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fratellos in Manchester.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    Debbie111111Debbie111111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has your friend checked out Flag Hill WInery in Lee?  It's really beautfiul, especially in September.  I think a 15k budget would be great there - I know they make their own wines, vodka and now gin too (I think!).  We went to a wedding there last summer and it was terrific.  The food was delish, and we had so much fun.  Your friend should go take a look - you can have the ceremony right there, too.  There's a nice archway overlooking the vineyard.  Wish we had known about that place!Kiss
  • Options
    MrsR0511MrsR0511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Castleton in Windham NH is gorgeaous and very reasonable.
    BFP 9/4/12 EDD 5/9/13 missed m/c 10/10/12 BFP 2/26/13 EDD 10/29/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i second Flag HIll- lol I am getting married there in May :)
  • Options
    redsoxfan619redsoxfan619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Executive Court Banquet in Manchester!
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a wedding planned at the Shattuck Golf Club in Jaffrey on Sept. 3rd, which is about an hour away from Nashua, (west), and about a half hour east of Keene.  It is in the Monadnock region--right at the base of Mt. Monadnock.  Very pretty, (Jaffrey is one of those quintessential New England postcard type of towns).  They have a stone terrace for an outdoor ceremony and a cathedrall ballroom for the indoor reception, (which is also a backup location for the ceremony in the event of rain).  The coordinator there is Donna Benoit and they are very friendly.  Their prices are pretty reasonable.  I really liked that their prices included taxes and gratuities.  We're expecting about 80-90 something people and have a budget very simiilar to your friend's.  www.shattuckweddings.com

Inside Cathedral Ballroom--Shattuck Golf Club
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ditto the Shattuck...but I am biased..lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Fratello's in Manchester!!  It's a beautiful venue and their prices are amazing!  It was our second choice for a venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third Fratello's!

Also there is A Mile Away Restaurant in Milford that has an amazing garden and tented reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_venue-suggestion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:903b8d38-cfc5-4184-bd9f-e687ff465977Post:703db866-c192-4ff1-82c8-7502bc8d1985">Re: venue suggestion</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Castleton in Windham NH is gorgeaous and very reasonable.
    Posted by MrsR0511[/QUOTE]

This...the only thing is that they dont have packages so it is all up to you but sometimes that is better.  I got married there is October and it was perfect!!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards