New Hampshire
Options

Budget-friendly reception spot in the Monadnock region?

Hello ladies of NH! 

I'm wondering if anyone has come across a reception spot in the Monadnock region where I could bring in my own caterer. Alyson's Orchard is out of budget range, and I'm trying to find something that isn't necessarily the VFW. 

Any miracle thoughts?

Re: Budget-friendly reception spot in the Monadnock region?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what your budget or style is, but it may be worth checking out Curtis Farm in Wilton -- www.curtisfarm.com. There's a few others (Shattuck Golf Club and Grand View Inn) in the area but I'm fairly certain they have on-site catering. To get what you're looking for (if you're set on using your own caterer), you may need to be willing to look in surrounding areas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • Options
    juicyjuicerjuicyjuicer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Stonewall Farm in Keene. They have much more reasonable prices than Alyson's, and the place is absolutely beautiful! The event coordinator is super friendly and great to work with so far!
  • Options
    halydiahalydia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks much ladies. I guess I'm just nervous about spots that cost something like 2,000 and that's just for the space - no food, no linens, no plates, no nothin'... Guess that's just what we're going to have to face planning a wedding, eh? 

Since my FI is not from the US, we're having to do two ceremonies so I'm trying to cut costs at every turn. Frown
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any suggestions where you can bring your own catering. However, as far as the Modnadnock region goes, I've heard great things about the Mile Away Restaurant in Milford.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!

A college friend of mine just had her reception at the Keene State College camp (info here: http://www.keene.edu/young/camp.cfm).  I did not attend the wedding, but saw pictures online, and it looked like a pretty, outdoor spot!  She brought in catering, I do know that. You can even have the college cater it, which might be an affordable option.  From what I saw on the site, the rental fee is pretty inexpensive :)

I hope this helps!

Anniversary
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're booked at the Shattuck in Jaffrey.  The cost is about $52.50 per person, plus additional costs for the bar.  Compared to other places we priced, it was pretty reasonable for a Saturday night wedding.  It includes food, champagne toast, linens, etc.  www.shattuckweddings.com. Depending on the headcount (size) of your wedding, it still might be an affordable option.  By the time you rent a site, get a caterer, rent linens, etc...it can add up to be just about as much per guest.

Good luck!

September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    halydiahalydia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody for your ideas - they're great!!

I was looking into the Shattuck, as I definitely fell in love with the pictures they had online. I'll have to check them out. 

Thanks again ladies, and good luck with plans!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd also suggest Hidden Hills in Rindge.  They have on-site catering, but a neat covered outdoor space in addition to their ballroom.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_budget-friendly-reception-spot-monadnock-region?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:93b300f6-5261-432f-9c04-f41390d6a6f7Post:1f17de97-965f-4883-b924-7d5c2896ea01">Re: Budget-friendly reception spot in the Monadnock region?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd also suggest <strong>Hidden Hills in Rindge</strong>.  They have on-site catering, but a neat covered outdoor space in addition to their ballroom.  Good luck!
    Posted by YayBananas[/QUOTE]

This is probably the most reasonably priced place in the area. It really depends on what ou find "reasonable". I have found a million things cheaper than the Shattuck (although I'm sure it's worth every penny! But $50-ish is so NOT what I call inexpensive) in the southern NH area. But for the area you want I would look into Hidden Valley if you also consider $50/pp to be high. To each their own! Plus I guess it greatly depends on your # of guests :)
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards