Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Opinions Please! Is the necklace too much for the dress?

I just got home from my second dress fitting where I tried on all my jewelry with my dress to see how it all looked. I love my necklace, but I'm not sure how it goes with my dress. I have to have cap sleeves on my dress for the ceremony portion, and tonight my seamstress said she thought the necklace was too much when adding the sleeves.  So now I can't decide to find a new necklace all together, just wear it for the reception, etc. Please let me know your opinion!

Re: Opinions Please! Is the necklace too much for the dress?

• Options
    To me it looks a bit too long for the sweetheart neckline.  I think it would be stunning with the dress if it fit a bit closer to your neck, so the topmost strand would be more round rather than oval, like this: http://www.pearlhours.com/userfiles/image/pearl-necklace2.jpg. It would only need to be an inch or an inch and a half shorter. Would shortening it be an option?

If not, I would do a single strand of pearls, as PP suggested, or a necklace that has more of a V shape.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like the necklace, but do like it better without the cap sleeves. Perhaps find something to wear for the ceremony and then change to the other one for the reception. But if you can't find anything, I think that necklace will be fine with both.
  • Options
    I think it looks great.  Normally I wouldn't wear that type of necklace with a busy dress, but at your wedding you can get away with being a little over the top.  I say go for it.
  • Options
    I like it without the cap sleeves, but with them, I'd probably stick to something simple like a pendant or a thin strand of pearls.
  • Options
    I like the necklace AND I like your dress a lot better without the straps.  Maybe it hasn't been altered yet but the straps look large and ill-fitting.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, ladies. I hate that I am stressing over such a little thing! I think I may do as MissySue suggested and find something else to wear for the ceremony when I have my cap sleeves, and then wear it during the reception when my dress is strapless.

@marissa_claire: The straps were just pinned in. I hope they will look better once she has actually sewn them. But unfortunately they are a necessity, as I recently found out that my church does not allow strapless dresses. I don't like them either, so thank goodness they will be detachable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards