Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Panty hoes

All the articles say that I have to wear some kind of hosery under my wedding dress. WHY??? Is it so weird to just want t have bare leggs? I hate the way panty hoes feel. And they are so much hasstle. Having to be constantly pulling them up. I will have enough to worry about on my wedding day, I dont want to worry about wheather or not my hoes have riped. 

Whats your oppinion? Are you going to wear panty hoes for your wedding? 

Re: Panty hoes

• Options
    Um, where in the world are you reading this?  From a 1950's dressing guide?

I don't know anyone that wore hose under their wedding dress.  I certainly didn't.  I was hot as it was so the last thing I needed was another layer.

Forgo the hose and forget about what you read.  The less you wear under your dress the happier you will be.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_panty-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:99fd1e12-3ee8-4ea3-b7a8-cefacfee285dPost:46c6d68a-558b-4f32-bdd7-5199f62a2f4e">Panty hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]All the articles say that I have to wear some kind of hosery under my wedding dress. WHY??? Is it so weird to just want t have bare leggs? I hate the way panty hoes feel. And they are so much hasstle. Having to be constantly pulling them up. I will have enough to worry about on my wedding day, I dont want to worry about wheather or not my hoes have riped.  Whats your oppinion? Are you going to wear panty hoes for your wedding? 
    Posted by Stinalove44[/QUOTE]

I am wearing panty hose mostly because my feet swell in my heels and since my wedding is outside in July, it will help keep the swelling down (and I'll be wearing kneee highs, not the full panty hose). Plus IMO it also helps with sweating. You don't HAVE to wear panty hose under your dress, it's entirely up to you..but for me, it's not an option.
  • Options
    With so many brides wearing open-toed shoes, obviously not every bride wears panty hose.

I will, because I get cold. (Wedding is in November.) Yes, I know my dress is big and heavy. I've worn big and heavy dresses in November before. I was cold. I'll take whatever warmth I can without fiddling with the formality of the wedding.
  • Options
    I'm wearing hose, but I am wearing close-toed shoes in November. I also found thigh-high polka dot lace-trimmed stockings and couldn't resist. :)

But really, it is totally not required. Women go barelegged all of the time for formal events. Why should your wedding be any different?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't know people wore hose much anymore. Tights, sure in the winter I like wearing cute tights. I guess I just have nightmares of super itchy panty hose that I had to wear when I was like ten.

It's a personal choice, but I see no reason you HAVE to wear them under your dress. I dont know of a single person personally who did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_panty-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:99fd1e12-3ee8-4ea3-b7a8-cefacfee285dPost:46c6d68a-558b-4f32-bdd7-5199f62a2f4e">Panty hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]All the articles say that I have to wear some kind of hosery under my wedding dress. WHY??? Is it so weird to just want t have bare leggs? I hate the way panty hoes feel. And they are so much hasstle. Having to be constantly pulling them up. I will have enough to worry about on my wedding day, I dont want to worry about wheather or not my hoes have riped.  Whats your oppinion? Are you going to wear panty hoes for your wedding? 
    Posted by Stinalove44[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking not- but I'd like to wear Spanxx or something like that underneath! I haven't picked my shoes yet but I'm picturing something open-toed so panty hose is a no-go.
  • Options
    Maybe the article is from 1955.  Very few people wear panty hose anymore.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sorry but your spelling made me laugh! Panty hoes! Lol. I am picturing a bunch of hookers getting up in arms about panties. It is pantyhose. And nobody wears them anymore. I might wear tights in the winter if it is freezing and I have a dress on, but hose are very old-fashioned.
  • Options
    Sorry but lol at "panty hoes". It is pantyhose, and nobody wears those things anymore unless they work at the DA office. Hee hee "panty hoes"
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. And actully all the articles I read talking about pantyhose were on this website.
  • Options
    I didn't wear panty hoes or pantyhose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards