Attire & Accessories Forum

Need help! What colors go with coral for wedding colors?

I love the springy coral that is popular right now. (it is called coral reef at Davids bridal) but what color compliments it well? I need another color or 2 to put with it for my theme! Any suggestions?

Re: Need help! What colors go with coral for wedding colors?

• jmp2004jmp2004 member
    First Comment
    Turquoise and taupe.
  • I like coral and navy. Maybe coral, navy, and bits of yellow? I've also seen someone on here who's doing coral and tan and I've seen someone with coral and grey. I think maybe a pale tangerine with either of those would be good, or a pale blue. 
  • I would probably do ivory and navy.

Coral is a pretty color, but it's so bright.  Keep your other colors more subdued to avoid overwhelming your guests.
  • For a paler coral go with turquoise and ivory, for a bright coral go with navy and either ivory or tan.
  • I have a dress that's coral, tan and green.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm loving coral, turqoise and ivory. This will most likely be our colors. If you want something more toned down, coral and shades of tan would be nice.

Anniversary
  • I like gold with coral :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My colors where: Bright Orange with taupe, gold, ivory, brown... the orange was more of a  "pop" of color among my neutrals. I love how natural and pretty it all looked.

My other option I considred, that I think is more modern, but really pretty right now is coral with a dark grey and ivory.
  • RunDogRunDog member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    My friend did coral with peach and gray. The guys wore gray suits with coral ties, and the bridesmaid wore alternating coral and peach dresses. It looked fabulous and unique. The light peach and gray kept everything from looking too "pink" and girly.

(PS: Coral and turquoise reminds me of a beach wedding, but it does sound really pretty!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My friend had a destination wedding in Bermuda, the girls wore coral, the groom and groomsmen wore gray linen suits with blue print ties.  It looked absolutely beautiful against the ocean.  It really blended.  I think matching ties, cumberbuns with the bridesmaides look too "high school prom" 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards