Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Purple bridesmaid dresses--flower colors?

I was originially planning on (and paid for) white bouquets to go with the purple bridesmaid's dresses.  Unfortunatly, my florist passed away and I have another appt. later today to get a new florist.  I am now rethinking my decision of whtie flowers.  Would red flowers look good with purple dresses? I am also thinking of yellow bouquets. The link to the bridesmaid's dresses is below.  Thanks everyone!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Gown-with-Bodice-and-Ruched-Bust-F13062_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Length-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses

Re: Purple bridesmaid dresses--flower colors?

• Options
    They were going to purple and white, but I have time to change them lol
  • Options
    I think yellow and green go great with purple-- but I do love all white flowers for the BM if the bride is doing a color bouquet. That is what I am doing.

I'm also loving orange with purple:

Aaaaand I'm loving lavendar flowers with purple dresses:

• Options
    I think it would be fine.  I'm also a fan of orange and purple.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My BMs wore purple and had orange flowers.  PIB.
  • Options
    My BMs are also in purple. They will be probably carrying bouquets with white, purple and light yellow. I have also seen light orange and lavender, which looks great, too. I tend to go for the lighter colors for accents since the dresses are dark. If you're looking for something bright, I'd recommend yellow or coral. Yellow is the natural color-wheel complement to purple. I think deep red and blue can get lost against purple.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I like the idea of pops of color such as a bright spring green or orange against purple.  you could always incorporate white in with these colors to make it a bit more neutral. 

purple with intense colors looks really fresh and 'brightens' up dark colored dresses.  have fun with it!!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    You can do pretty much anything with purple.  I've always loved purple and yellow together, but I think green, pink or orange would also be gorgeous.  Browse pictures and see what colour combination really grabs you.  It's really a matter of personal preference.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    My BMs are wearing regency from DB and the their bouquets have yellow, orange, red, and purple flowers.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    My DD's WP wore purple and had honeydew green as her accent color.  The BM flowers were white with the stems wrapped in the honeydew green ribbon.  It was lovely.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    my bridesmaids are wearing this in watermelon and my maid of honor is wearing it in clover! LOVE IT! :D

and i agree with all the PPs on the color combos!
  • Options
    Our colors are Dark Purple and Orange. I will be carring dark purple, orange, and white flowers, and maybe a little green.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards