New Hampshire

Fall 2012 venue issues--HELP! :) Thanks!

Hi everyone!
I'm trying to plan my wedding to my airman long distance--living in NM and trying to get married in New England. I hired Amy Piper of Signature Events as a planner and am looking at the Seacoast Science Center near Portsmouth--if they ever call/email back about more info. In any case- to be blunt our budget is 30k-35 is stretching it. But everywhere seems to be WAYYYY out of our price range for a guest list of 235, though I can guarantee half wont come, the other half is my family. So I can't pare the guest list down more, even though reality is different then invites. In any case, are there any other venues on the ocean that are a bit more reasonable/reliable/flexible? I need all the help I can get! And yes, I've heard get married at home, but I grew up in Manchester (NH), I am not a fan of MN where my parents live, I want foliage, so AL where fiance is from is out, and as stated--fiance is in the AF and this is our last year here so I don'y know where we'll be living when we get married!!! EEEEP! Everyone else has quoted 45, 50, 65k for us, and I just want a pretty, FUN, yummy wedding, by the sea with New England foliage that I miss so damn much!
Thanks for any advice or recommendations! :)
Hope everyone is well!
-Jessie, fall 2012 bride and mom of an almost 4 year old!

Re: Fall 2012 venue issues--HELP! :) Thanks!

• edited December 2011
    And yes, I know my "name" has yankee in it but I'm a Sox fan. My Staten Island raised dad's family are rabid Mets fans, my mom's mom was from SI too and that side of family there are rabid Yankees fans. And again, raised in NH, with rabid Sox fans as friends. I kind of have to like all of them. Sox first and foremost, Mets second, Yankees third. I know, evil, but it was a wonky family. If it's Sox vs Yankees or Yankees vs Mets, I will go against Yankees. But I can't hate them. That's my long winded name disclaimer, and I hope no one hates me! :) I have turned my fiance and son into sox fans, so I'm proud :)
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how many people they all hold, but you can try any of these. The wineries are not on the ocean, but a reasonable drive. Good luck!

Flaghill Winery
    Odiorne State Park
    Pavillion: Seaglass/Blue Ocean Music Hall (I'm having my wedding here. Very reasonably priced and DEFINITELY can hold all your guests.)
    Portsmouth Harbor Events and Conference Center
    Redhook Brewery
    Rivermill at Dover Landing
    Sheraton Portsmouth
    Strawbery Banke
    Wentworth by the Sea
    Zorvinos Vineyards
  • edited December 2011
    I just went to a wedding at Odiorne State Park and it was right on the ocean.  Very nice.  The only complaint I have is the bathrooms.  I would rent nicer port-a-pottys. 
  • edited December 2011
    Castleton is not on the ocean but on a very large pond with lots of foliage and picture opportunities.  You can fit up to 400 people depending on how much of the space you rent.  I'm paying a min of $16,000 for the 3/4 hall.  And our ceremony will be in front of the water.  We'll be the only wedding.  I love them!
  • forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The Rivermill is not on the ocean, but it is on the River (makes sense, eh?)... and it's huge!

It still feels very intimate, too. 

Thats where we're having our recepton and they've been awesome. 
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • amanda489amanda489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try wentworth by the sea =)

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards