Attire & Accessories Forum

Groom attire for beach wedding??

My fiancée is struggling with what he should wear for our beach wedding in the Bahamas. He wants to look nice but still keep it casual. He's afraid he's going to look like an old man if he wears a linen suit and that he'll be too overdressed in a tux. The white shirt and khakis is not appealing to him either. Any recommendations? 

We are going to have 20 guests at our actual ceremony and then have a party when we return to the States. No formal reception or anything like that. 

Re: Groom attire for beach wedding??

• My sister's DH and GMs wore beige linen pants and then either a blue or white linen shirt with the sleeves rolled up. They still looked nice, but not stuffy or too underdressed. And I think it looks really nice in pictures even with my sister's wedding gown.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Tan (non linen) suit, or light gray suit?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_groom-attire-beach-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:a1823fca-25c0-4ed8-b47a-d835fdc588ecPost:249561cc-b896-40b7-883c-9bdd0ad2e6de">Re: Groom attire for beach wedding??</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister's DH and GMs wore beige linen pants and then either a blue or white linen shirt with the sleeves rolled up. They still looked nice, but not stuffy or too underdressed. And I think it looks really nice in pictures even with my sister's wedding gown.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>DITTO!  You took the words right out of my mouth!! </div>
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • tan or grey suit pants w/ a linen shirt (sleeves rolled up) and he can add a vest....
    kinda like this:

• We are also having a beach wedding. The guys are wearing navy blue blazers and khaki pants with a white shirt and tie.
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards