Attire & Accessories Forum

Jewelry

Hey ladies.  One thing I just can't make up my mind on - jewelry!!  There just seems to be SO many options.  Found lots of beautiful things on Etsy but I'm hesitant to buy something that I haven't physically seen.  I just don't know how to choose or even exactly what I want.
How did you ladies make this decision?
Thanks!

Re: Jewelry

• I actually am wearing a bracelet that I already own, and then I'm having earrings custom made to coordinate with that bracelet, but not match it. 

I would bring picturs of your dress with you to a department store and just look through the jewelry they have, see what catches your eye and then see how it fits with the style of your dress. Once you have an idea of what you like, you can find a higher quality piece similar to it, or just get the costume jewelry version :)

I agree, jewelry is tough to find!
  • I wore my mom's pearls and made my earrings/hair comb. :]  
    I felt the same way so I couldn't make a decision until I finally just made them myself!
  • I'm planning to make myself a new pair of handflowers for my wedding, and I'll probably wear one of the necklaces my DF has given me for Christmas presents. And of course I'll have my e ring on my right hand and my Claddagh on my left. I do recommend Etsy since I have a shop there and I've seen lots of very nice things in others' shops ;-) I understand wanting to see things in person and try them on, but if you see something you like and the shop has lots of positive feedback and a return policy you're comfortable with I say good for it. Also a lot of shops will do custom work for you. I have a small list of things there I want for my wedding. It's small only because it's fairly new and I'm still adding to it. ;-) Otherwise you could wear some of your favorite jewelry you already have, or find a family heirloom or some type of special jewelry with a tradition you like. If you just don't know what you want then it's more difficult, because what you want is what you should get.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I've ordered my jewelry from this site on Etsy and it is BEYOND beautiful!!!!!!!! I highly recommend it:
    http://www.somethingjeweled.etsy.com
    Flowers and jewelry and veils, oh my!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards