Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

5 Bridesmaids: 4 wearing one style, 1 wearing another

My friend is getting married and she has 5 bridesmaids.  She chose a color and material at J Crew and is letting us choose our style.  Coincidentally, the four other girls chose the same style, while I chose a different one.  Is it OK for me to be the only bridesmaid wearing a different style if I'm not the MOH? The bride said she doesn't care, but i'm still not sure...

Re: 5 Bridesmaids: 4 wearing one style, 1 wearing another

• Options
    If the bride doesn't care then neither should you.

• Options
    You might want to run this by the bride. We can't answer that.. 
    But honestly, if I was the bride and found out that all but ONE (and the non-MOH) chose the same dress, I would ask that one to reconsider and go with what everyone else chose... 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_5-bridesmaids-4-wearing-one-style-1-wearing-another?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:a880da86-3560-486b-a6fc-197b81ef8be5Post:e74713d5-288f-4e3f-8b36-cb9c39ca12f8">Re: 5 Bridesmaids: 4 wearing one style, 1 wearing another</a>:
    [QUOTE]You might want to run this by the bride. We can't answer that..  <strong>But honestly, if I was the bride and found out that all but ONE (and the non-MOH) chose the same dress, I would ask that one to reconsider and go with what everyone else chose... 
    </strong>Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

This. Did you make her aware that you'd be the only one in a different style?

I let my four girls choose their own dresses too but I told them if two of them pick the same style it's fine, but if three choose the same style then the all had to wear it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_5-bridesmaids-4-wearing-one-style-1-wearing-another?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:a880da86-3560-486b-a6fc-197b81ef8be5Post:fce633cb-1cda-47ae-8973-0497fa5fd616">5 Bridesmaids: 4 wearing one style, 1 wearing another</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend is getting married and she has 5 bridesmaids.  She chose a color and material at J Crew and is letting us choose our style.  Coincidentally, the four other girls chose the same style, while I chose a different one.  Is it OK for me to be the only bridesmaid wearing a different style if I'm not the MOH?<strong> The bride said she doesn't care</strong>, but i'm still not sure...
    Posted by rwzhang[/QUOTE]

OP said that the bride does not care that she will be the only one in a different dress.

Like I said, the bride is the only opinion that matters and if she doesn't care you should either.

• Options
    aw, true. I guess that's fair. I guess I just assumed that the bride not caring comment was abuo tthe dresses picked, not the 3-1 split. But if she honestly doesn't care, she doesn't care. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I get what everyone is saying and I too would feel a bit hesitant about being the only one in a different dress but if the bride told me she could care less then I would be keeping the dress that I felt the most comfortable/pretty in.

• Options
    I agree with all PP. If I were the bride, I wouldn't like it, but if she doesn't care, then definitely keep the dress you picked.
  • Options
    Just had this in my wedding. All the JCrew dresses were the same color, length, and fabric, one BM just chose a different neckline. They looked awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards