Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Where to find morning dress?

FI and I are working on our budget, but we have no idea what his attire will cost. Our wedding will be at 10 or 11am, so he will be in morning dress instead of a tux. I've looked at the standard formalwear sites and googled "rent morning dress," but I haven't found anything. I know we don't have to worry about actually buying it for a long time, but we need to get an idea of how much it will cost.

Any suggestions? Right now I'm not too concerned about finding something local.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where to find morning dress?

• Options
    ChloeaghChloeagh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    It's thanks to you! We didn't know better, but I saw one of your posts where you linked to a guide for formalwear. I showed it to FI and now he insists on being properly dressed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Al's formalwear rents morning coats, as well as suits.  Can I have a link to that website?  :)  I've been looking for a guideline on menswear etiquette, because we are having a morning wedding and I know a tux is a no-no, but we were hoping a regular suit would be ok. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
     CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!
  • Options
    also what constitues morning, is that before noon? i know that sounds silly but one of the sites I saw said anything before the sun begins to go down..
  • Options
    ChloeaghChloeagh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Morning dress does also include the afternoon. Tuxes should not be worn expect for evening events. One site said morning dress should be worn for events starting before 5pm, but I think a tux would be allowed if it is an event that goes until 10pm or something.. CMGr can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_where-to-find-morning-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:a9349ac8-dd83-412b-bcf4-9bc72f01fcd0Post:5bee806e-0935-4138-90bf-da075ed1939f">Re: Where to find morning dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning dress does also include the afternoon. Tuxes should not be worn expect for evening events. One site said morning dress should be worn for events starting before 5pm, but I think a tux would be allowed if it is an event that goes until 10pm or something.. CMGr can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Posted by Chloeagh[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Good question, i'm curious to hear the answer as well because our ceremony is at 2pm, but our reception won't end until 6:30/7pm and even then we are having an afterparty.</div><div>
    </div><div>I know FI doesn't want anything with satin along the trim...but I'm pretty sure he would not go for that morning jacket. He did pick something that is not the traditional formal tux though, but nothing is official yet as we go this wednesday, so I'm interested! ;)</div>
  • Options

I'm pretty sure a suit is fine for a non-evening wedding.  I am pretty sure CMGr's daughter had a brunch wedding and her SIL looks to be wearing a suit in her sig pic.  :)
    So, my thought is, tux not okay for non-evening wedding, but suit is okay. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards