New Hampshire
Options

Wedding Speech

My brother is being deployed to aphganistan (we just found out ) Therefore, he is not going to be able to make it to my wedding on 9/25/2010. I would love to make a small toast for him, however, I am terrible at doing that kind of thing! Does anyone have any suggestions...or any websites I can go to to help me think of something nice to say for him! I sorta want it to be something where everyone can take a moment to honor the troops...and hope he returns safely!!! If someone has any ideas, I would truly appreciate it!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding Speech

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to find a military prayer as my FI was in the Army and his old unit is deployed again.  If I find anything I will let you know, we want to incorporate it in our ceremony and have a little our thoughts are with you in the programs.
  • Options
    sboisvert1sboisvert1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow....that would be awesome! let me know if you find something, that would be great!
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
     You might ask over on the military brides board. They might be able to give you ladies some ideas. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how do I go there?
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    on the left side of your screen click the special topic wedding boards, it will drop down with a list of board names. Select the "Military Brides" board. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

was he supposed to be a part of the wedding party? b/c another great way to recognize him is to: place a stool or something to represent him along side your fi's guys at the ceremony (or you can even do it by you and your girls) and have your jp/priest say a little something in his brave honor... and maybe have a candle lit and leave it burning throughout the night...?  I went to a wedding once where they did this, it was sooo thoughful!

side note:  are you from nashua by chance? i think i know you and your brother!!

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahah MELISSA...you do it is me sarah boisvert! I know....I am soo super sad petey is not going to be there....:( It is like sooo overwhmeling to think about, yes he was going to be a groomsmen! I like the stool thing, maybe put his picture there or something! How are your wedding plans coming....soooo close! I hope things are going well for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards