Attire & Accessories Forum

heel height difference

I got 2 pairs of heels for my wedding and theres about an inch difference. One if for our dance, which is choreographed, so lots of moving(wearing ballroom shoes) the other if for the rest of the wedding. Anyone ever wear heels of different heights and it be a problem?

Re: heel height difference

• Your dress may drag a bit, but if you haven't had your alterations yet, take both of them with your for your fitting and maybe you can find a happy medium.

I had platform flipflops for my dancing shoes which were the same height as my heels. It wasn't a problem for me.
  • I wore 2" heels for the ceremony and my first dance (which was also choreographed) and had my dress hemmed for those shoes.

After the dance and dinner, I took off my shoes and went barefoot for the rest of the evening. My dress pooled on the floor a little but by that point, I didn't care.

Anyway I don't think there will be a really visible difference for 1". I'd suggest having your dress hemmed for the shortest shoes. You definitely don't want your dress to be too long for dancing, but if it's a little short for the dancing shoes, it won't really matter because no one will notice while you're moving around.

Also, practice your dance in your shoes! Mine looked OK after the first hemming upon visual inspection but it wasn't until we practiced the dance that I realized that it was still too long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Which pair is taller?  I think if the dance shoes are taller, definitely hem it for the shorter shoes.  You'll appreciate having a little extra clearance while dancing.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I wore 4.5" for the ceremony and 2" flip flops for the reception.  I didn't need hemming for the ceremony b/c I wanted my heels to show while I walked.  I found flip flops in the perfect height to not need a hem adjustment for the reception.  So it kind of depends on what you're going for.  I agree w/ PP about hemming to the lower heel because you don't want to be tripping during your choreographed dance.
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• Thanks everyone. I think i'm gonna get it hemmed to the shorter shoes, because i would hate to ruin our dance, by tripping on my dress. If my other shoes show a tad during the ceremony its ok, because they're pretty anyways, but my dress is pretty big, so they probably wont even show. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards