Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Taffeta- Beach Wedding

Any thoughts on taffeta for a beach wedding. Anyone ever worn it outside. Is it hot? I'm thinking of this dress, but I don't want to wear a really warm fabric.

http://www.watters.com/Product/WtooDresses/WeddingType:Modern/226/#Colors:off%20white,white

Re: Taffeta- Beach Wedding

• Options
    I have always thought of taffeta as being light weight and certainly not warm.  I think the picture you linked to is very pretty and very appropriate for a beach wedding.

• Options
    I really don't think it's beach wedding material. One of the dresses I tried on when I was shopping was taffeta. It was so heavy! It was heavier than any of the satin dresses I tried on. I loved the dress but I wasn't about to sacrafice being uncomfortable all day - and I'm not even having a beach wedding. If you really like this dress I think you should try something on thats taffeta first so you can see how heavy/hot it is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My wedding dress was taffeta and was very heavy. I got married outside in 94 degree SC weather. The slip made it a little airy underneath, but it was still hot.

I agree with PP, go try on some taffeta dresses, see what you think.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think each dress is different. I have a taffeta gown and I think it is very light. I will also be getting married on the beach.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would definitely try on the dress first and see what you think of the weight/feel of it.  My dress was taffeta and I found it to be very lightweight, but I was *roasting* at our outdoor pictures.  It was about 90 degrees and sunny the day we got married.  (Unexpectedly.  90 in May in Pennsylvania!  Who'd have thought?)  Fortunately for me our ceremony and reception were both indoors, so I was comfortable the rest of the time.

I just wore a short strapless taffeta dress to a friend's outdoor wedding last week, and was also unbearably hot the whole time.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards