New Hampshire
Options

NH Wedding Photography

Any recommendations for a good photographer at a reasonable price???

Re: NH Wedding Photography

• Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using A Photographic Memory.  (www.apmnh.com)  They have been awesome to work with so far, our engagement pics are in my bio.  They were flexible to work with our budget to fit in what we would like.  
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Please define what "reasonable" is to you.  Bill Gates might think a $50,000 photographer was reasonable.  Between 2-3,000 will set the bar at "Good".  Above that probaby gets better quality and more extras, below that probably lower quality and rougher edges.  With some exceptions.  Just my opinion.     
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I disagree with FutureNHBride, Im going to say that most of the girls on this board didnt pay over three thousand for wedding pictures and there are MANY beautiful pictures.
    With that being said most photographers will work with you on price, you just have to ask. 
    I used Kevin Jacobus http://www.kevinjacobusphoto.com/and he was great! I only paid for Kevin to come for 5 hours and I could have used him more, but I got all the important pictures and thats what matters. I believe that if you look here http://nhknotties.weebly.com/ there is a list of all the photogs that have been used by NH knotties.... and if you have any more questions feel free to ask. GOOD LUCK!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Iris Leaf Photography- she has the best prices I've seen
    http://www.irisleafphotography.moonfruit.com/#/portfolio/4535599006
  • Options
    lilybrad10lilybrad10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Jane Lydick Staid from Danville.  Very reasonable price and we were able to figure out a custom package with her.

• Options
    edited December 2011

We're going with John Lo Photography http://www.johnlophoto.com

His prices are great!  His 9-hours of coverage starts at (please double check this incase it's changed) $1050!

Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AvidDJ-NEAvidDJ-NE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out MIssy Wong of Memories by Melissa - www.memoriesbymelissa.com

She did our wedding and we were very impressed.

Good luck

Eric
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $2000 to $3000 better get you a hell of a lot better photography than just "good"!!!

The girls have mentioned a few of the most recommended options already.  Check them out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Tony DiFranco. He's Fantastic! :)

http://www.detailsbydifranco.com/
  • Options
    auntykarebearauntykarebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Elizabeth Bradford photography. Husband and wife team. They are very nice! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Kevin Jacobus.  We loved him and his work.  Check out full review in my married bio.  In the event he's not available for your date, he also brought along Nicolas, who we also thought was very talented.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Photograpy is one of my splurges! I am using www.gwynethcolleenphotography.com, she's a bit more than most but she's a photographical goddess IMO. Smile
  • Options
    suzannetartasuzannetarta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone have a photgrapher in $4,000-$5,000 range who did full day coverage, with 2 photrgaphers (maybe extra $1,000 or 2 for videographer) who highlighted photo journalistic pictures (candids) as well as classic???

• Options
    LErin26LErin26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Suzannetarta, check out Ever True Studios.  We are using them.  It is a husband and wife team that lean more towards photojornal style.  I believe we have them for 8 hours which really ends up being 16 hours with the both of them.  Their package starts at $4K. 
  • Options
    ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved our photographer - John Gauvin at Studio One in Manchester
    www.studioonenh.com

I have also worked with Dave from APM, Kevin Jacobus, and A brilliant Photo  and would recommend any of the photographers.

GL!
  • Options
    Ree1011Ree1011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we went with Peter Clayton at NHimages (nhimages.com).  He's a genuinely good person - when he goes to the bridal shows he raffles off a free engagement session, and my mom (second wedding last june) won and asked him if he would come and shoot their ceremony for the hour instead.  He not only agreed, but he came and shot the ceremony and family/bridal party pictures for much longer than an hour like he was getting paid.  He honestly loves his job and is willing to work with you on the budget.  Additionally, he is a phenominal photographer. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Suzanne

Maybe check out The Feds or Aphrodite Photography or Leah Haydock or William Tangorra?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    definitely check out john loconte from www.johnlophoto.com he did my wedding in NH back in january and I cannot recommend him enough!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards